Certificate Errors with Web Sites?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Huntn, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Huntn, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

On my current PC, I've had a history of Certificate Errors when trying to make purchases over Steam. Usually I make the purchase on my Mac instead. Now I'm seeing a Certificate Error when I try to log into Battle.net. (I've not logged into Battle.net for a couple of years, before using this computer.)

I consistently get java warnings for a variety of sites: "the Certificate Issuer for this site is untrusted or unknown, Do you wish to proceed?" I have selected "View Certificate" and have opted to install the Certificate, I have opted to proceed, but this problem continues to be an issue. Anyone have any ideas on how to correct this? I've been searching online and have yet to find an answer to will correct my problem. I have a feeling it's something on my computer.
    Thanks!

2. asriznet macrumors regular

Please check and ensure that your mac is running the correct date & time.

also have a look at the following article - http://osxdaily.com/2014/03/26/fix-safari-cant-verify-website-error/

3. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

I have checked that, and it does not seem to be the issue, but in this case it's a PC, not Mac. This seemed like the best forum for this post.

4. asriznet macrumors regular

This is not even a Mac running windows with bootcamp?

Sorry mate, don't think I can help you with that.

By the way the forum states "Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac"

5. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Exactly, that's why I stated in my first post, "PC". But the time issue is also a certificate issue on PCs too. :) Don't see a better forum for this.