Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Satechi today announced the launch of a new 75W USB-C travel charger that's equipped with multiple ports to charge all of your devices with one simple power adapter.

The 75W Multiport Travel Charger offers four charging ports, including a USB-C power delivery port, two USB 3.0 ports, and one Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 port.

satechi1-1.jpg

The USB-C port can provide up to 60W of power, making it suitable for the 12-inch MacBook, the 13-inch MacBook Pro, and similar USB-C devices. It can also charge a 15-inch MacBook Pro, but as that machine accepts up to 87W of power, it may not charge fully with the Multiport Travel Charger when under a heavy workload.

While charging a MacBook or MacBook Pro, the Travel Charger can also charge your iOS devices at the same time, with up to 75W of total power provided.

satechi2-1.jpg

When using the USB-C port with a USB-C to Lightning cable, the Travel Charger enables fast charging on supported devices like the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X.

Satechi says the Travel Charger features an input range of 100-240V, allowing it to meet the voltage requirements of multiple countries. It has also been designed with a compact size to make it easy to fit into a backpack or luggage.

Satechi's USB-C 75W Multiport Travel Charger can be purchased for $60 from Amazon.com or directly from the Satechi website for $64.99.

Article Link: CES 2018: Satechi Announces 75W USB-C Multiport Travel Charger

MrX8503

macrumors 68020
Sep 19, 2010
I hope this gets tested by Nathan or Ben.

USB-C is kind of the Wild West. I don’t trust plugging my MacBook into anything except the official charger.

Reactions: CarpalMac

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Or you could get one with the same options for about $25 on Amazon.

The only 75W USB-C for $25.00 you referenced in price point was made from Cynergy was available from Amazon with reviews saying it was poorly insulated, overheats and cheaply made. You get what you pay for. And I wouldn't trust a $25.00 Product with my expensive electronics. Having The 'same options' is not always a better solution. Spending your money on a more reputable and well-made product for expensive electronics seems like a safer bet to me.

$25.00 option you mentioned:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0728MVDZ5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_SNMvAbJHJ4CPT

Last edited:

jacjustjac

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2008
New York, NY
Super excited about these. I don’t own a 2016 MacBook Pro but I was able to charge my cousin’s 15” in about 6 hours using a 12W Anker and a USB-A to C cable. That already seemed super convenient for traveling to me.

sofakng

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2008
Where is Anker charger that supports USB-C PD AND QC 3.0? I don't think anything exists?

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
The only 75W USB-C for $25.00 you referenced in price point was made from Cynergy was available from Amazon with reviews saying it was poorly insulated, overheats and cheaply made. You get what you pay for. And I wouldn't trust a $25.00 Product with my expensive electronics. Having The 'same options' is not always a better solution. Spending your money on a more reputable and well-made product for expensive electronics seems like a safer bet to me.

$25.00 option you mentioned:

What's wrong with a little hotel room fire? /s

My first employer manufactured public safety equipment, There were a few fires in homes of first responders, a fire station, and a city building. Most were caused by a 'lower priced' or counterfeit charging and power accessories.

I will always purchase an OEM or name brand battery and charger, even if it costs more.

Amplelink

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2012
This looks like the same product as the ZeroLemon 75W charger. I've had this charger for 2 months and it charges my iPhones, iPads, MacBook Pro 15 TB over USC-C, and I use the QC3.0 port with a Qi charger with iPhone Xs. No problems at all. No overheating, no weird issues, just works.

SO let me get this straight. You're basically carrying this around instead of your MacBook power brick? And are you able to run multiple devices on it simultaneously with your MacBook?

Mildredop

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2013
MacBook Pros have charged over USB-C since 2016.
Have they? I didn't know this.

How odd that, as an Android user, I'd only have to carry one charger and one cable. But a loyal iPhone user would have to carry a USB-C charger for their Mac and a Lightning charger for their iPhone.

Last edited:

jacjustjac

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2008
New York, NY
You know what would be really cool? If it was also a hub that allowed say, your MacBook to access a USB hard drive or your phone while it was plugged in and charging from one of the USB ports in the hub.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.