CES 2019: Samsung Announces New Displays Aimed at Saving Desk Space, Gaming and Content Creation

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 3, 2019.

1. macduke macrumors G3

macduke

Yeah if it is well-reviewed and I can get a 75" for under $2000 then I'll probably go with that. Though I just read that it's only listed as coming to China later this year and no mention of the U.S. Weird. I'm finding that buying a TV only gets more difficult as the years go by. There are so many new technologies, and trying to find the right mix to suit my needs without breaking the bank has proved to be quite the challenge. What I want is 65-75", 4K, HDR, P3 color, deep black levels, and no burn-in with minimal image retention for under $2000. I could spend a little more if I need to, but would prefer not to. Maybe I need to wait another year for the stars to align?

2. Maneater macrumors newbie

Maneater

I'm totally down to getting one, Now that gaming is mainstream that a lot of companies are looking to grab the market

3. brinary001 macrumors 6502a

brinary001

ULED huh? Interesting. I’ll have to check it out, but I’m already highly intrigued. Who was it that announced these at CES? Or was it just the concept of the technology that was unveiled, and not an actual product announced by a manufacturer?

4. StellarVixen macrumors 65816

StellarVixen

I posted about that tech several days ago. Me, personally, I am excited, it is the best of both worlds, contrast of OLED and longevity and reliability of LCD.

Let's face it, it will be quite some time until they realize how to make microLED pixels smaller, and OLED failed to take over anything other than smartphones. Even OLED TVs are niche market, they are too expensive.

I would like to see ULED monitor soon, if HiSense let others use its tech.

5. Venkat07 macrumors newbie

I think the only thing which got my attention in the whole CES 2019 is the
    LG OLEDR9 Rollable OLED TV