Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Invoxia at CES unveiled the Minitailz Smart Pet Tracker, an AI wearable that's designed for dogs and cats. The Minitailz is an all-in-one GPS tracker and wellness device for pets, and it is able to measure respiratory rate and heart vitals, alerting owners about possible health issues.

invoxia-minitailz.jpg

Invoxia says that the Minitailz is able to watch for anomalies in pet behavior that can be indicative of a problem, and it can differentiate between walking, running, scratching, eating and drinking, barking, and rest.

In addition to collecting heart health information that is said to be 97 to 99 percent accurate, the Minitailz can detect atrial fibrillation in pets. Detailed health reports are provided in the accompanying app.

A built-in SIM with GPS technology allows for tracking of daily activities or locating a pet should it be lost. There are also geofencing features so that a pet owner can be alerted if a pet wanders outside the boundaries of a property.

The Minitailz measures in at 2.32 inches long, 1.18 inches tall, and 0.9 inches thick, and it can be attached to an existing dog or cat collar.

A dog version of the Minitailz is available as of now from the Invoxia website, with the cat model set to launch in March 2024. Both versions are priced at $99, with a subscription fee that starts at $8.30 per month.

Article Link: CES 2024: Invoxia Launches AI Wearable That Monitors Your Pet's Health

dwhittington

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2007
Houston, TX
I feel like if I put an AirTag on my dog’s collar, she’s so tiny - someone would call the SPCA on me. This Invoxia device is HUGE for small breeds.

Reactions: Huck

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
My dog would look at me and tell me "hell no, you're not puttign that creepy thing on me."

NeoSe7en

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2017
I’m sure Vet offices will be just thrilled about Gertrude coming in every other day ranting about her cat’s heart rate being 10% off for a few hours the day before.

Reactions: sigmasirrus

senttoschool

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2017
A lifetime of annoyance for the pet for a small chance of detecting heart issues.

Any owner who does this is an idiot.

Reactions: TJ82

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
I think this only makes sense for a dog / cat known for having health issues to monitor signs of XY happening again, otherwise it’s just looking for a problem that doesn’t exist

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Product seems to be good. But the monthly subscription fee is very high.

bandrews

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Owners of brachycephalic dogs being concerned about their pet's health?

Lol. :rolleyes:

Edit: And other dogs deformed through generations of inbreeding and artificial selection.

BanjoDudeAhoy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2020
I think we’ve entered the stage at which everything, without exception, needs to have ”A.I.” in the name just to be seen as new and desirable.

Just like for a while, everyone was doing NFTs.

polyphenol

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2020
Wales
I can imagine confusion in the vets when you ask for an AI device for your pet.

Also, as others have referred, there is quite an anti-collar lobby re cats and for good reasons. I wouldn't want our cat to get caught by a collar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.