Chance to upgrade to newer Mini - worth it?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by MTShipp, Feb 14, 2011.

  1. MTShipp macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2009
    Location:
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    #1
    I've tried my best but a friend of mine who bought a Mini has decided the only :apple: stuff he likes is his iPhone and iPad. So, he wants to sell me his Mini.

    I already have a 2009 Mini (2.0 GHz w/ 4 GB RAM)
    His is the 2010 Mini (2.4 GHz w/ 8 GB RAM)

    My question is...would I see enough performance increase to warrant shelving my existing Mini to get his? It seems like a good deal...

    $900 for Mini, BT keyboard, BT Magic Mouse, additonal video adapter, and Parallels 6.

    Is it a deal?
     
  2. rw3 macrumors 6502a

    rw3

    Joined:
    May 13, 2008
    Location:
    DFW, TX
    #2
    Not really worth $900...You can buy the base at $700+$80 for 8GB and then all the other stuff can be had used and still be under $900. Doesn't sound like much of a friend....
     
  3. mdgm macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2010
    #4
    What do you use your Mini for?

    You might be better off waiting to see what Apple releases later this year.
     
  4. karsten macrumors 6502a

    karsten

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2010
    #5
    not even later like soon probably they're due any time i think
     
  5. venomz macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2010
    #6
    If you can hold out, I would wait until Apple finally phases out C2D from its lineup and goes with something a little more current, which should be in a couple of months.

    Whenever the MacBook and MacBook Pro 13 switchover to Sandy Bride, I would expect the Mac Mini to follow.
     

Share This Page