Chances of the Sept. 12th announcement not being for the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AdamskiUK, Aug 20, 2012.

1. AdamskiUK macrumors regular

The moment I heard the conference centre was booked for the 12th, and with all the expected line-up updates, I knew that the releases would be scattered.

If Apple release the iPhone alongside their iPad Mini (rumoured), then you're making people choose. It's the same for enthusiasts and the iMac. There's only so much money to be spent.

It doesn't make financial sense for them to hit us with a barrage of products. We could see the Mac and the iPad mini this September, with an October release for the iPhone (6th Gen). Of course it could also be the other way around.

What do you guys think?

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

What conference center? Apple would most likely hold this event on their campus if last year is any indication.

3. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

If it isn't for the iPhone, I would be setting myself up for disappointment (maybe not, if that iPad mini really comes out instead ;))

4. NewAnger macrumors 6502a

Not sure if Apple would hold an event just for iPods anymore considering how sales are dropping each year. What else could this event be for if not to announce the new iPhone for sale at a later date?

5. leoneedees macrumors member

We can only hope that it will be the Iphone if they do have a keynote that day. My current phone is pretty much had it and if the new iphone doesn't get announced the first couple of weeks I'm going to be pushed away to android for another 2 years. 'keeping fingers crossed'

6. vistadude macrumors 65816

Maybe Mac OS XI running on ARM chips, new apple tv, and new imac.

7. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

8. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

Well hopefully that is not the case, because I just listed my iPhone 4 on eBay... I am getting the GS3 to use while waiting for the new iPhone. Hopefully I don't get put into a loop of buying and returning phones or having to get a stand in off of Craigslist...

I am pretty sure they will launch both... With the iPad Mini coming out in a few months since it probably is not in production yet.

EDIT: Pretty hopeful they will launch both**

ADDITIONAL: There is no way we were already have this many leaks and rumors about production if the new iPhone is launching in October.

9. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Given the amount of leaks for each product (iPad Mini/Air/Nano and 'New iPhone") I think it's safe to say that the iPhone is much further along in production and is the event allegedly slated for Sept., with iPad being later on.

Just my thoughts.

10. burnside macrumors 6502

I don't think that Verizon would be preventing employees from taking vacations at the end of September just for the iPad mini. Expect the iPhone to be announced on Sept 12.

11. irDigital0l Guest

Giving people choice? According to you that can't happen with Apple.

People that want to buy iPhones are going to continue buying iPhones.

People aren't going to buy iPhones and give them out for Christmas, now they have an option to buy the ipad mini.

Schools aren't going to buy iPhones and give them to students, they're going to use the iPad.

People that want a 7 inch tablet and not the Kindle or Nexus 7 can get the iPad mini.

12. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

exactly....I was thinking about getting someone an ipod touch for their birthday coming up, but if the ipad mini is out I may go that route instead.

13. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I'd say the chances of no iPhone on Sept 12 were 0.0036%.
    I used some very complex formulae to work it out.

14. malias4 macrumors 6502

malias4

Im sure its for the new iphone but im also sure we wont see a 7" ipad now.
    Apple wont give two top products at the same time bs then she would make the customers confused.
    I think ipad mini will come but not yet:apple:

15. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Here you go...

http://www.appleinsider.com/article...irmed_to_hold_ipad_mini_event_in_october.html

16. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

This iPad mini everyone is speaking of is really going to have to come in at a fantastic pricepoint for me to consider it. The base model iPad (third gen) is $399. Base model Nexus 7 is $199 (and it is a fantastic tablet). I'd need to see something in the $200-$250 range, personally, to be phased.

17. skidbubble macrumors 6502

It's actually $499, per Apple's own website. ;)

Attached Files:

18. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

It'll be the iPhone. My money is on a mid-October iPad Mini/iPod announcement. Long enough for iPhone buyers to get another paycheck or two in the bank to buy it and long enough to sell to early adoptors and inventory to recover for the holiday buying season.

19. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Oops. Well, solidifies the point even more. It should be even cheaper to have me going for it. :p

20. chokem macrumors 6502

I'm betting on the new iPhone announcement. If there is an iPad mini, I don't think it's probably still in the development stage.

21. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

If Gruber, Dalrymple, & MG all agree on iPhone for the 12th/21st and an iPad mini/air/nano for October-ish, then it's a done deal in my book.

22. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

The 4S dropped in October. We know (highly suspect) Apple is releasing a minimum of two new devices this fall. It wouldn't surprise me if the iPad mini or iPods get an event in September and the iPhone comes in October. We don't really have an iPhone pattern anymore, but October would be a year which makes some kind of sense. The iPad mini is a new device so there is no pattern at all.

I think it's possible we may see the reverse of the rumors, an iPad in September and an iPhone in October. Possible, but I wouldn't put money on it.

23. teamjaycub macrumors 6502

I agree, while it is still a possibility, I think Apple wants this iPhone pushed out ASAP.

24. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I think we will see the new iPhone in September to be honest, with new iPad/iPods in October. As much as I would love to leave the Apple store on launch day of iPhone with both an iPad mini and iPhone in hand, I know Apple would not tie up the iPhone launch dealing with a crowd who wants mini iPads as well.

Maybe the iPod might be combined with the iPhone announcement, but definitely not the iPad mini.

25. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

It may make sense to announce both devices at one event but release them 7 days apart to avoid the launch day insanity being doubled. I don't think either device is going to contain a whole lot of surprises, how much time do they really need to spend demonstrating each? An hour for each should be more than enough time.