Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
And cellular companies. I was on the 14th day, on two year contract with Verizon, and Verizon wouldn't let me exchange for a new color. I guess the fine print states Verizon's return policy overrides apples and is 13 days. That's what they told me higher up on the phone.

Interesting about the 13 days. And Verizon really doesn't bend rules very much. They used to in the years past, but I think with the amount of exceptions, they certainly have tightened up their regulations.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
aaaaaaaand that's what you get for rushing into buying a colour you don't want just because supply is tight at launch. Something I saw way too many people doing in September.

Or you didn't do that and just made a misjudgment on colour choice.

I agree. May not be the case here, but with every launch some people rush out and grab whatever colour is available even if it's not what they want, then they regret it. Better to wait a few weeks and get what you actually want rather than spend a year regretting it.

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014
Last edited:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
LOL!

Neucase is already doing the 7 and 7 plus!

neucase.jpg neucase 2.jpg

For those unfamiliar with Neucase, this is a firm in La Puente, California. They take the standard Apple iPhone casing, reanodize it in the color of your choice and the color of your choice for the antenna bands and put the internals of your phone inside that new casing. You get your old casing back as well.

It's not a case, or a sleeve or a skin. It's the actual phone casing reanodized.

borgsauce

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2016
LOL!

View attachment 685110 View attachment 685111

For those unfamiliar with Neucase, this is a firm in La Puente, California. They take the standard Apple iPhone casing, reanodize it in the color of your choice and the color of your choice for the antenna bands and put the internals of your phone inside that new casing. You get your old casing back as well.

It's not a case, or a sleeve or a skin. It's the actual phone casing reanodized.

It's nice and all until you find yourself with no warranty and/or AC+ cover. And you're still stuck with the same bezel color which I think the OP doesn't like either.

pSyCO_007

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2015
LOL!

View attachment 685110 View attachment 685111

Do they change the glass screen bezel color to or just the back?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
It's nice and all until you find yourself with no warranty and/or AC+ cover. And you're still stuck with the same bezel color which I think the OP doesn't like either.
They give you your original casing back for warranty purposes.

Whether someone chooses to do this during warranty or not is up to them. Personally, as much as I like neucase, it's not something I will do until I'm out of my lease.
[doublepost=1485211063][/doublepost]
Do they change the glass screen bezel color to or just the back?
Well, it's the casing as far as I know. But given that they are a shop that does this kind of thing as well as repairs I wouldn't be surprised if they could change the bezel color as well.

I've never had any work done by them, but there have been one or two people who have around here and they had no complaints.

BTW, they charge about $250-300 for this, so it's not cheap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.