Changing marketplace "Free" prefix color?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Astroboy907, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

I have been browsing the marketplace recently and have noticed that the "Free" prefix on the marketplace is the same color as the "For sale" prefix.

Now, this is not a huge deal, but I tend to look at the titles of posted threads and only the color of the prefix to know if it is a for sale or free.

So what I am asking is if anyone else thinks that the "Free" prefix should be set to another color (orange, purple, et cetera), to help distinguish it from "For sale" threads?

Now as I said, this is not a huge deal and I can live with it easily, but I was just wondering if anyone else shared my opinion or if I am just OCD :)

2. adcx64 macrumors 65816

adcx64

It should be orange. I think that would look great.

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I disagree...
    If you put another color for the freebies then you need another color for the feeler and for trade sales... having that many colors would be confusing and look nonuniform (my OCPD would hate that)

4. Astroboy907 thread starter macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

I disagree some with your logic. Feeler, for sale, and for trade threads generally involve the sale (lol, or trade), of an item for monetary value. People go to those threads expecting to spend money or offer a trade. Free threads should not have people expecting to spend money, but the green colored prefix makes the general impression that it is a thread involving some sort of sale. Just my opinion, but I do understand where you are coming from. Personally I group trade, for sale, and feelers together, but others may include free in that. Maybe I'm just the oddball here, lol.

What is OCPD? :D

5. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I'm taking a guess at OCPD. ;)

6. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

I agree. I was actually thinking about this awhile ago, just never thought about putting it in the forum feedback.

7. Astroboy907 thread starter macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

NOW I get it!!
    Please excuse my ignorance (and apparent lack of OCPD) :D