Changing of Order

Discussion in 'iMac' started by photocoke, Dec 1, 2012.

  1. photocoke macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2012
    #1
    I ordered a 21.5" iMac together with the Apple Keyboard with Numeric Pad thinking that it is Wireless as well. However, I just found out that it is not! and I would like to change the Keyboard with Numeric Pad to the Wireless ones.

    Anybody has experience changing the order when the Status is still "Processing Item"? Is it possible to change now? Or do I have to wait for the items to be shipped and then send back the Keyboard with Numeric Pad for the Wireless one.

    Thanks for your advice.
     
  2. obsoletepower macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2006
    Location:
    Toronto, Canada
    #2
    They most likely can change that for you. Just call Apple at 1-800-692-7753 and tell them you'd like to change that.
     
  3. mchoffa macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2008
    Location:
    Asheville, NC
    #3
    I'd call and speak to a sales rep to change it just to be sure

    ----------

    also, if you're looking for wireless with number pad you might like this

    http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Solar-Keyboard-K750/dp/B005L38VRU

    I really wish Apple made a wireless full size keyboard, but my mouse already wasn't an Apple, so not too worried about messing up the Apple-ness of my desk
     
  4. Rgladman macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2011
    Location:
    Central Ohio
    #4
    I have read in other posts that the sales reps can't make this change without canceling the original order which will delay delivery.

    I recently purchased this Logitech keyboard and it is very nice and fully Mac compatible. I also kept hoping Apple would produce a full sized wireless keyboard.
     
  5. Mac32 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2010
    #5
    No, you can't change a single thing in your order. Only option is to cancel order, and make a new order (with longer waiting time). I just tried it myself (forgot to add USB superdrive to my order).
     
  6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

    Chupa Chupa

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2002
    #6
    You have to cancel and reorder but I don't think there is any time penalty here as it's 7-10 for all machines now, stock or CTO.
     
  7. mchoffa macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2008
    Location:
    Asheville, NC
    #7
    when you look at your order status, and hover over the arrow next to "processing" it says this:

    Processing Items:
    We are processing your order now. You can modify your order details through online Order Status, or by contacting Apple Online Store Customer Service.

    does this only refer to billing etc?
     
  8. BSoares macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2012
    Location:
    USA
    #8
    Give them a call... Tell them you don't want to cancel/reorder as that will delay delivery. If you get a nice rep he/she will add you the wireless keyboard for no extra charge. I've seen that happening a few times. Same with Magic Mouse and Trackpad. If you call and say you chose the wrong one and would really like to change w/o a new order they will often send you the one you're asking for w/o charging more or removing the other from the order.
     
  9. Gascogne macrumors member

    Gascogne

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2012
    Location:
    Sweden
    #9
    I would like to change the hard drive but I guess the only way it to cancel the order and make a new order?
     
  10. Imacpapi macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2012
    #10
    I changed my original BTO yesterday at about 9:30pm. The order was placed at 2:30am. I called Apple and was given two choices: 1) cancel order with rep on the line and they would immediately create the new order with same shipping date range OR 2) wait for a manager to become available to approve an order change which likely would have taken about 15 minutes. I went with choice 1.

    I was told the longer you wait to make change, the more likely the shipping date may slip.

    Note: I changed a customized item. The OP is changing an add-on so the need for a manager to approve may not apply.
     
  11. CIA macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2003
    #11
    I just barely got off the phone with Apple to cancel my iMac order. I ordered one (27") yesterday around 1:30PM MST. I was thinking about it today, and realized I already have a wireless keyboard and magic mouse which I can't stand. So I wanted to switch to the wired keyboard and maybe give the magic trackpad thing a try. (I already have a logitech mouse I prefer)

    Anyway, long story short they wouldn't change my order and I had to cancel and re-order. No biggie, it only added one day to my estimated arrival. Woman on the phone reminded me that the shipping time is only a guestimate, and it is certain to ship on or before that date range. Basically hinting there's a chance I may see it sooner.


    I guess it's a moot point since we all know the world ends in 3 weeks anyway.
     
  12. themagicmonkey macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2012
    #12
    Hi Just spoke to Apple (I am based in UK) and I wanted to make a change from 3TB to 1Tb Fusion Drive and they said the order would have to be cancelled and the new one would be delayed from 27 December to 7th Jan . Food for thought..
     
  13. unknownking123 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2010
    #13
    Any particular reason why you wanted to make the change? I'm contemplating whether to opt for the 3Tb or 1Tb Fusion Drive and since I don't plan on using boot camp, I'm inclined towards the former.
     
  14. DarrenUK macrumors regular

    DarrenUK

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2012
    Location:
    Southampton, UK
    #14
    I have ordered my 27" with the Magic Mouse but kind of wished I'd chosen the magic track pad now. Was going to try and get my order changed but don't think I will now after reading that the order would have to be canceled and re ordered. My estimated delivery date is Dec 21 so don't want to have to wait until Jan.
     
  15. pubjoe macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2007
    #15
    I forgot to select numerical keyboard instead of the wireless one. OP, Maybe we should swap. :)

    I was planning to see if I could swap it after I receive it. Maybe at an apple shop.
     
  16. photocoke thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2012
    #16
    Thanks all for the replies! I just called them, seems that that don't open on weekends. Will try my luck tomorrow.
     
  17. themagicmonkey macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2012
    #17
    HI

    Essentially I was nervous over the whole Fusion Drive thing as I am intending to use the Imac for music production and I was unsure over how stable it would be and also as I will save project files (ie most of the data) on an external thunderbolt SSD the 3TB seems a little overkill. I guess I will keep it as is as the money back of £240 (Fusion and Video card from 2gb to 1gb) isn't going break the bank I might as well stick with it.
     
  18. tuccillo macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2012
    #18
    The local Apple store did a keyboard swap for me.

     
  19. smoking monkey macrumors 65816

    smoking monkey

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2008
    Location:
    You Only Live Twice
    #19
    You are lucky! Buy another brand usb superdrive for about 30 to 40 bucks cheaper that does the exact same thing. You can find them on amazon etc.
     
  20. bflowers macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 19, 2006
    #20
    You can simply order the Superdrive as an accessory. It wouldn't impact your iMac order, and you would get it before the iMac. I believe they are still doing free shipping on everything.
     
  21. unknownking123 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2010
    #21
    Ah, cool.

    My final dilemma is whether to pay £176.40 extra purely to future-proof it with a 0.3GHz faster processor and an improved graphics card.
     
  22. photocoke thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2012
    #22
    I called Apple earlier and told them I want to change. And they are fine with the change but the CSO mentioned that there will be a delay of 1-3 day due to the change. When I receive the email confirmation, there are not changes to the date apparently! Yay! :)

    Thanks to all for the help.. Btw I am from Singapore and I am able to receive my iMac 21.5" b/w 17-24 Dec. Keeping my fingers crossed that I could get it earlier.
     

Share This Page