Charitybuzz Auctions Lunch With Eddy Cue at Apple's New Headquarters

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 16, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Charitybuzz today launched an auction in which the winning bidder will have lunch with Apple's services chief Eddy Cue at the company's newly constructed Apple Park headquarters in Cupertino, California.

[​IMG]
    AP Photo/Marcio Jose Sanchez
    The auction has an estimated value of $50,000. Bids can be placed between now and June 28 at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time, in support of the National Association of Basketball Coaches Foundation in Kansas City, Missouri.

The National Association of Basketball Coaches Foundation is a non-profit organization that aims to bring attention to the positive aspects of the sport of basketball and the role coaches play in the academic and athletic lives of today's student-athletes. Cue is a longtime basketball and Golden State Warriors fan.

The private meet and greet will be scheduled at a mutually agreed upon date by June 30, 2018. The winning bidder must be at least 18 or older. The cost of the meal and gratuity is included, but travel and accommodations are not. The experience cannot be resold, re-auctioned, or transferred.

The lunch does not include a formal tour inside Apple Park facilities, and photography is not permitted, according to Charitybuzz.

Cue, who is officially Apple's senior vice president of Internet Software and Services, currently oversees the iTunes Store, Apple Music, Apple Pay, Siri, Apple Maps, iCloud, and Apple's iWork and iLife suites of productivity apps.

Apple executives have participated in several Charitybuzz auctions over the years, with CEO Tim Cook most recently raising over $680,000 for the Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights.

Article Link: Charitybuzz Auctions Lunch With Eddy Cue at Apple's New Headquarters

2. omenatarhuri macrumors 6502a

Strange world. I'd feel weird about eating with someone that paid more than 50000 dollars to have lunch with me.

3. vistokid macrumors 6502

LOL! I wouldn't have lunch with this moron if he paid me!

4. UL2RA macrumors 6502

UL2RA

I would pay to not have lunch with him.

5. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I can make this happen. DM me

6. meaning-matters macrumors 6502

meaning-matters

7. LordQ macrumors 68040

LordQ

8. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

9. UL2RA macrumors 6502

UL2RA

I want a Craig Federighi charity. He could give me hair styling tips.

10. DaveOP macrumors 6502a

Do it! You can donate to this charity right now, without having lunch :)

11. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

I Typically don't like to set a preconceived notion with someone if I have never had a personal interaction with them. But something about Eddy Cue is bothersome. I think it's the way he conducts himself onstage and offstage. He just carries a sense of arrogance more than any other Apple executive and he just appears to have an attitude.

I know he has been around with Apple since Jobs era, but I just don't have an appreciation for his candor.

12. Avieshek Suspended

Avieshek

This is the best comment to agree.

13. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Yep. I'm a shameless Apple fan but something about his attitude rubs me the wrong way. I hate to say it but he has a real slimy, snake-oil salesman way of carrying himself.

It's personally bothersome because I don't like to be judgemental, especially if I don't know the person. However I've seen a lot of pro-Apple fans (yourself included) who have been saying the same thing. So it's a little reassuring that I'm not alone. Maybe there is something off about him.

14. hlfway2anywhere, Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2017

hlfway2anywhere macrumors 6502a

Cue rubs me the wrong way. Lunch with Craig would make my day though.

15. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

I would have to be paid a lot of money to have lunch with that loser clown - he should be fired.

16. TheShadowKnows! macrumors regular

TheShadowKnows!

Or, Bob Mansfield.

That picture of Eddie Cue leads me to believe that those spotless white trainers (sneakers) are used by him only to race to the buffet table. /s

17. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

That photo reminds me of Curb Your Enthusiasm - the one where Larry David trips up and injures a well-known player.

18. craigmak macrumors newbie

It was Shaq. Good episode. I think LD was at a finals game 2016 in the front row.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 16, 2017 ---
    Let's hope Rihanna wins and doesn't sit down the entire meal.

19. Mr Todhunter macrumors member

Mr Todhunter

If I had the money I would pay it only to be able to throw a pie in his face

20. deanbar macrumors member

I'm afraid I have to agree with most of the above Eddy Cue comments. He makes my flesh creep, and I think he is a poor representative of Apple. I would love to see him go.

21. TechZeke macrumors 68020

TechZeke

I could watch Craig give a keynote all damn day. Definitely has the best personalty(at least, on stage and in interviews) of all of Apple's execs.

22. SoN1NjA macrumors 65816

SoN1NjA

Yep, no other Apple executive has articles made about them acting like an ass off stage

I still have some respect for him because of his tenure, but not his personality

23. gugy macrumors 68030

Cue "seems like" a douchebag to me. I don't know him that's why I get this feeling. I would rather spend this money with a lunch with Craig, Johnny or Tim.

24. SoN1NjA macrumors 65816

SoN1NjA

Craig yes, Jony I could see being quiet or unable to answer a lot of questions

25. zen macrumors 68000

zen

Lunch with the git who screamed insults at Rhianna at a basketball game? And is at least partially responsible for Apple's current form as a company?

No thanks.