Chase Bank Finally Supports iPhone X Display

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 21, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

While not mentioned in the release notes, Chase Bank today finally updated its iOS app to be optimized for the iPhone X's taller display.

[​IMG]

Chase Mobile was one of the most widely used apps that lacked full support the iPhone X, as we noted earlier this month. Other notable absentees include iMovie, Amazon Alexa, Inbox by Gmail, Google Authenticator, and NBC Sports, but many developers told MacRumors that updates are in the works.

Starting in April, Apple says all new iOS apps submitted to the App Store must support the iPhone X display. The rule doesn't apply to existing apps.

Here's what else is new in the latest Chase Mobile version:
    New "Profile & Settings" screen makes it easier to access alerts, messages, documents, and settings.
    Conveniently set up and manage automatic payments for Chase credit cards.
    Add pay-from accounts from other banks to pay your Chase credit card bill.
    Eligible customers can add their accounts from other banks, and use them to transfer money to and from their Chase accounts.
    Chase Mobile is available for free on the App Store for iPhone and supports both Touch ID and Face ID for login authentication.

Article Link: Chase Bank Finally Supports iPhone X Display

2. H.E. Pennypacker macrumors regular

H.E. Pennypacker

Not mine! Nor does it show an update on the App Store.

3. az431 macrumors 6502a

4. Westside guy macrumors 603

Westside guy

I wonder if Chase’s iPad app will ever support TouchID then... now that they’ve freed up some coder time.

It’s really frustrating when companies like this maintain separate iPhone and iPad apps but don’t keep them in feature parity.

5. mlody macrumors 6502a

This is one of the many reasons i am with Bank of America, not witj Chase. Chase’s app support for iPhone and ipad sucks

6. EdT macrumors 65816

EdT

Does the Chase app either currently or with this new release support FaceID as a valid password entering method the way many banks support TouchID? I’m not a Chase customer but the bank I use supports Touch but not Face ID and their explanation is that FaceID isn’t verified secure like TouchID is. If major banks use it then maybe that will speed up my banks acceptance of it. I’m not talking about Apple Pay, but unlocking the bank app. My password is long and complex, which I was willing to do because TouchID can unlock it. My wife has an iPhone X and if she wants to access the account she needs to bring up a password manager to use the bank app, while I can just use my fingerprints.

7. newyorksole macrumors 68030

Bank of America is dreadful, IMO. I have Capital One and Chase. CapOne is always ahead of the curve with their app and technology.

8. Rhonindk macrumors 68030

Rhonindk

It does.
    My coworker has a X and it supports all his banking apps with FaceID.
    (Chase, Discover, Amex, Capitol One)

9. Vasilioskn macrumors regular

Vasilioskn

Great now can Apple themselves make their own apps compatible as well?

10. newyorksole macrumors 68030

I have Chase and all I do to get into the app is use Face ID. Don’t need to type in a password. Every app that uses Touch ID should’ve automatically been able to support Face ID.

11. EdT macrumors 65816

EdT

No, some banks don’t support FaceID and mine is one of them. First National Bank of Omaha if anyone is curious. I found articles online mentioning that not all banks trust FaceID, and so I called and asked when my wife could not unlock the app with FaceID and we couldn’t find a way to turn the feature on in her phone.

12. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

jonnyb098

Not that I use facebook much anymore but their app still hasnt been updated for larger iPads (blurry text) or split screen which has been around almost 3 years.

13. parkds macrumors regular

Now the question is when will Chase support ATM transactions via your phone. All of the ATMs around me have had a “cardless” area added to the machines over the past few weeks and you can now unlock the after-hours door with just your phone.

14. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

Besides iMovie what's left?

15. Avieshek Suspended

Avieshek

16. az431 macrumors 6502a

Not the Ecobee app. Not only does it not support FaceID, but on an iPhone X it prompts for TouchID.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 21, 2018 ---
    Yet they trust a 4-digit PIN that anyone standing behind you can steal.

17. EdT macrumors 65816

EdT

I didn’t say that their position made any sense. Because you are right, you can use your PIN number after your initial login.

18. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

Finally. It's odd, because Chase is usually on it with their app. That being said, almost every app on my phone beat Chase to supporting the iPhone X display. Bank of America seems to be killing them in their app and also with careless ATM's. Kind of a bummer as I don't have many BOA branches around me.

19. dampfnudel macrumors 68030

I appreciate one of my more frequently used apps finally getting iPhone X support.

20. newyorksole macrumors 68030

The Remote App.

21. Broken Hope macrumors 6502a

22. BuffaloTF macrumors 6502a

If only everyone could live up to the high standards of HSBC's app.

23. JGIGS macrumors 6502a

JGIGS

How about Googles Inbox ios app? Not having an iphone X layout for that is straight up embarrassing. Then again at least they make apps for their competitors. :rolleyes:

24. KoolAid-Drink macrumors 65816

May sound like a dumb question, but what does a non-iPhone X app look like on the iPhone X? Truncated top?

25. otternonsense macrumors 6502a

otternonsense

“Finally”..

Dunno about US, but here in EU the iPhone X is totally niche and not a factor at all in app (re)designs.