Chase Visa Debit not charged

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bleighv, Jun 15, 2010.

1. bleighv macrumors regular

bleighv

Does anyone else who has a Chase Visa Debit card NOT getting charged after pre-order? I've gotten everything else, Order Number Email, Confirmation Email, it's says "Processing" when I check on my order yet there is still no pending charges or any charges whatsoever on my Chase Account :( I pre-ordered from AT&T Premier.

I'm getting upset now haha.

2. dusters711 macrumors regular

My Visa debit card (not Chase though) was charged pretty darn quick... They were calling my house to make sure I authorized such an expensive Internet purchase like 20 minutes after ordering! They only charged for the phone not the Bumper though... I haven't checked my online account access to see if any charges are showing up!

3. bleighv thread starter macrumors regular

bleighv

I've just been reading some posts that said they won't be accepting debit cards, that's why I'm a little worried. But I'm still hoping for the best lol

Thanks for the reply though :)

4. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

where did you pre-order from? Because I used my Chase Visa Debit card and the charge went through just fine. (preordered from apple)

5. ValientHimself macrumors member

Yes, I pre-ordered for home delivery from Apple with a Chase Visa debit card around 8AM Central time this morning, and my card was charged almost immediately thereafter.

Sounds like you maybe pre-ordered through AT&T though, and that might account for the difference?

6. bleighv thread starter macrumors regular

bleighv

I pre-oredered from AT&T, because I heard Apple would take the FAN discount off.

7. Kinkade macrumors member

I have the same card. I was also not charged. I ordered through Premier. From what I've seen several other premier customers with debit cards also haven't been charged.

During the purchase they said that I need to make sure that there is money in my account when it ships or it will be canceled. I think ATT Premier does things differently then regular ATT store.

8. kokesh macrumors regular

I used a Visa debit card and it isn't showing up as a charge yet on my bank account. However, the "available funds" column is a couple hundred bucks lower than the "balance" column, which I think means that my bank hasn't processed the transaction yet but knows that the money is gone. You might want to check into that part of it..

edit: I ordered through Apple at about 7:30 PM EST.

9. awestruck macrumors regular

I don't think my visa debit has been charged, but I didn't expect it to since it was a preorder and the site specifically said that transactions won't show up until the phone is shipped. :confused:

10. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

I ordered 2 phones (two seperate orders) both with my chase visa debit and and low and behold there is the charges, and my bank didn't call me they must of figured oh apple is releasing a new product...

11. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I've got no idea about the Chase Visa Check Card but my personal banks Visa check card account hasn't been touched by Apple. No pending status, nothing even though I bought gas which is pending waaaaaaay later in the day. Got me, as I've got a confirmation email so I'm not too worried.

Awestruck is right, they aren't supposed to charge your card for preorders (shipped to you) until it ships. Not sure how reserving (store pickup) works.

12. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

I thought that 2, maybe we are all in for a treat, or they chose to have foxconn employees actually do the delivering and they had to leave now to make it on time.

13. ValientHimself macrumors member

Bit too late to help you now, but from what I've heard, FAN discounts have not been a problem since after the 3G launch. I ordered through Apple and I have a FAN discount (through my law school) and had no problem.

14. macslayer118 macrumors 6502

Same here... chase debit card not charged, but it LOOKS like my order through AT&T Premier is fine... I HOPE :eek:

15. ChiliBlue macrumors 6502

I used Chase Visa debit. The charge is pending but the money has been taken out of account.

16. bleighv thread starter macrumors regular

bleighv

Thanks for all the replies, everyone. It helps me cope with my worried feelings haha.

Seems like there's more than myself on this boat so I feel a little better now. I called my mom (cause I was freaking out) and she said not to worry. I also called an AT&T rep and they said it's on file and everything is set up to get shipped.

I've read too many things that contradict each other. Some say you should get charged now and some say you'll get charged when the iPhone is shipped ahhh so confusing and my OCD kicks in.

17. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

I have a Visa Chase Debit card and it was charged instantly. I forgot to make a a money transaction and I actually overdrew the card, which Chase prompted me with about 3 emails and 5 text messages (they were serious about those alerts).

They charged me as well as sent me a confirmation email.

18. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

I couldn't do it through the premier account I tried A LOT just a no go there for me, I got luckey and got in before the date changed.

19. awestruck macrumors regular

I'm a little worried too, since the account I'm buying from (NOT my main bank acct) won't have enough money to pay for both iPhones until Thursday. I preordered because I was sure no charges would be made until the phone shipped. If my order cancels because of unsufficient funds I'm gonna be pissed. I'll check out the bank account online tomorrow.

20. Krayzie116 macrumors 6502

what do you guys think of a business debit card would they allow that, it says processing on my bank account right since 10:30am MT

21. bleighv thread starter macrumors regular

bleighv

It looks like you're in the clear so far :) I wouldn't know for sure though, I don't even know about my card haha.

22. bidwalj macrumors 65816

Im in the same boat. I added another line to my family account and i ordered from primier and used the same card. No charge just yet.

i upgraded another line and i got that from apple. that charge has been placed.

as a backup i have a preorder at best buy and a reservation at the apple store.

23. TehReaper macrumors regular

i ordered 3 phones and payed with 2 different chase debit/ cc cards and i had no problem! apple charged me on the 32gb and 16 gb i ordered at 4 am and 7 am. AT&T still hasnt charged my other 16gb that i ordered at 8 am but there not going too until the phone is shipped :). I have gotten all 3 emails and everything is set! i will get them on the 24th.

24. macslayer118 macrumors 6502

I'm actually REALLY glad you posted this question, as I am in the EXACT same position as you. Good to know other chase debit people who ordered through premier are in the same boat.

Also, are you able to pull up your order on https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/ or just https://www.wireless.att.com/business/order_status/

I can only pull mine up on the business site for now.

25. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Well, if AT&T manages to successfully screw this up and I don't receive it on the 24th, I'll just use up one of my reservations at the Apple store. If it arrives late, I'll just return it to the AT&T store and get a refund.