Cheap full body screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by redb4n, Sep 19, 2012.

1. redb4n, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012

redb4n macrumors member

I want to use a front, back, and side clear protector along with a case.
    The original plan was to get that Skinomi screen protector on amazon and a Bodyguardz clear skin (back and sides only) along with a separate screen protector.

That's going to come out to 20 dollars for the back and sides which will be covered by a case anyway. They are somewhat essential though because I want to ensure that the device itself stays in pristine condition, even where I can't see it.

I was also considering this front + back protector which is super cheap, but doesn't come with side protection. I am getting a black iPhone 5 so after hearing about all this scuffing/scratching stuff on the sides, I want to stay extra covered.

So what is the best thing to do in my situation? I want full body coverage at a cheap price.

EDIT: Ended up going with Best Skins Ever. Cheap, full body, and from what I can tell, high quality. Exactly what I needed.

2. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

3. redb4n thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the suggestion, seems like a pretty solid idea, good price too. So they start shipping on Friday?

I may go with this if no better ideas come up.

4. OwenMeasures macrumors 6502

OwenMeasures

You get what you pay for! i have just ordered Ghost Armor Full Body! cost me $20! but then had to pay $20 for shipping international to London!

5. redb4n thread starter macrumors member

Well whats the difference? Something more expensive (Invisible Shield, BodyGuardz, Ghost Armor) might be good for someone who doesn't plan on using a case. But I don't want to wrap my phone up in expensive skins, only to cover it with a case. I want to keep the phone clean under the case, but I want to do so as cheaply as possible. :p

6. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

The one I recommended is cheap because they skimp on the marketing and packaging, on purpose. They usually are delivered in a simple envelope. But my understanding is that most of the skins use the exact same material. Haven't used their stuff in a few years but always found it as good or better than the pricier brands. and they cover everything including the sides. great company.

7. macMD macrumors 6502

macMD

Well you can spend big money or you can get in on the Skinomi Pre-Orders on Amazon and save BIG money.

Skinomi TechSkin - Apple iPhone 5 Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield + Full Body Protective Skin + Lifetime Warranty (AT&T, Sprint, Verizon Wireless)

Retail: $19.95
    Pre-Order: $.99
    You Save: $18.96

Shipping is $2.95 but still well worth it.

8. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

It seems a bit odd that anyone would want to put a "cheap" covering on such a high quality phone. Hmmm...

9. redb4n thread starter macrumors member

Right, but Skinomi does not include side protection, which is pretty much my main concern.

Well why not?

10. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Best skins ever is honestly the best.

----------

With my clear shields on my 4S you can barely tell. You can feel it, but not so much see it. Gives it a glossier look.

11. seanpercival01 macrumors member

no need any screen protector for iPhone touch because iPhone provide an Optimum touch glass.

12. GA Support macrumors member

the word "cheap" and "IPhone5" do not belong together... just sayin :cool:

13. redb4n thread starter macrumors member

How about "I bought my iPhone 5 at the price of $200, which is cheap in comparison to $650."

:D

14. bobright macrumors 601

If we're talking cheap the skinomi is front back and sides for 99 cents plus shipping I mean doesn't get any cheaper than that LOL

15. GA Support macrumors member

Don't you have Saran wrap in your pantry? Bust it out wrap that bad boy up and call it a day!!! :D

16. redb4n thread starter macrumors member

I don't think it has sides, does it?

17. GA Support macrumors member

18. OwenMeasures macrumors 6502

OwenMeasures

Your covering the front and back which is fine but the reason most people complained about the Bumper last year was because it rubbed away the anodized layer on the aluminum strip?

even if you do go for a 'cheap' cover then just think about what all that crap that gets into the side of course is doing the Anodized Aluminum!

----------

Is this what you new wrap is made from? can you send me full size images?

----------

this backs my quote up of 'you get what you pay for' regardless of how much you paid for it, it is still an expensive device! you cover it with some sticky plastic on the front and back and leave the sides bare you will regret it, please do what you want but don't start posting on here in 1-2 months saying you aluminum has started to rub away!

19. GA Support macrumors member

Oh yeah we just go down to walmart.... buy some saran wrap... scissor that thing out and ship it to you for $40 :) ITS A GOOD DEAL!!! :D jk jk

I will send high res images I emailed our creative director but he probably won't send them to me tomorrow. He is the one who took these and he has a full studio in his office so I assume they are High resolution :confused:

Whatever he gets me I'll shoot over to you first thing in the morning

20. OwenMeasures macrumors 6502

OwenMeasures

I dont get what you mean, was this a dig at me?

21. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Remember that with body skins, a LOT of form fitting cases won't fit correctly.

22. OwenMeasures macrumors 6502

OwenMeasures

This would be great! i would love to see them in more details and maybe some more images if you have them? where can i find how to create the spray solution?

----------

This is true, i think a full body is for someone that is planning to go naked?

23. redb4n thread starter macrumors member

I don't think we're on the same page here. I do want to cover up the sides. That's pretty much the reason I started this thread.

24. OwenMeasures macrumors 6502

OwenMeasures

Ok so you want to cover the sides and protect further with a case? take note of the post above!

My preference is still to go naked.

25. GA Support macrumors member

The picture above shows an IPhone5 Fully Ghost Armored... as you can see the sides are protected without taking away from the aesthetics of the phone.