Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

da2005pizimp

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2006
Gilbert, AZ
Well, it wasn't really my actions, more of my dad's. When someone makes a mistake, that is how they learn from it. When you go to a store and you recieve more change than you should have gotten, going back to the store and giving the clerk/cashier the money is the right thing, but the the clerk/cashier will not learn from their mistakes. When they have to pay for the mistake they made, they will learn from it. Much like the gas station. Life is all about making mistakes and learning from them.:D

everyone makes mistakes, how would u like it if you left your laptop somewhere and went back to get it and it was gone? it would suck.

da2005pizimp

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2006
Gilbert, AZ
Ok tonight i went to the mall and bought a pair of jeans and 4 shirts. The cashier only charged me for the 4 shirts and not the jeans, i didn't realize until it was time to go, i looked over the reciept and only the shirts were on it. I went back to the store and questioned and and paid for the jeans. Now i could have just went home (took alot not to) but in the end i wanted to be able to sleep at night.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Ok tonight i went to the mall and bought a pair of jeans and 4 shirts. The cashier only charged me for the 4 shirts and not the jeans, i didn't realize until it was time to go, i looked over the reciept and only the shirts were on it. I went back to the store and questioned and and paid for the jeans. Now i could have just went home (took alot not to) but in the end i wanted to be able to sleep at night.

Well done!:D Thanks for your honesty.

Mammoth

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2005
Canada
I would have filled my car right on up.

It's like when i was grocery shopping with my dad. We were buying meats, and i was just curious looking at the more expensive cuts. Some were like $60, $70. But as i was walking by i noticed one said $3.xx. I knew it couldn't be right because the other cuts of the same meat were $70. I showed my dad, and we took it to the register to see if we could purchase it at the price. The guy there just looked at us funny, and we got a $70 piece of meat for $3.

Opportunity

(Oh, and it tasted so good:p)

What on earth kind of meat costs $70? :confused:

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
just shows how if people can get away with something they KNOW is wrong, they will

im a little disgusted at this as its akin to stealing in my opinion
Agreed.

I hope all who think there is nothing wrong with this example, get a chance to swap shoes and be on the other end and see how it feels.

Outstanding. Nice to see honesty in action. :)

In the old days, it a clerk made a mistake at the end of the day, the missing amounts came out of their pay.

allmIne

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2008
United Kingdom
you cant be serious. anyone that has half a mind knows that a price like that is a mistake....esp when the station across the street is stil 3.xx something

the fact is, people knowingly took advantage of a mistake because they could. nothing moral about it

i know i would have told the station about it. to those that question me on that, im a guy who once knowingly sped in my car then saw a cop car parked with a cop in it that honked at me. i then procedded to turn around and i went back to where the cop was parked and told him i was speeding. he didnt give me a ticket but appreciated my honesty

Well that's just weird.

I've more important things to worry about, personally, than 30 or 40 motorists paying less than I do for my fuel.

And for what it's worth, those same poor gas stations are the ones making money hand over fist when they take days to pass on a wholesale price reduction to customers, despite little or no hedging. Even the petrol commissioner admits he's been disappointed at times!

Next time fuel prices rise, look at your local petrol station; the customer price will raise within an hour or two. Watch when it falls; they'll hmm and hah, makes excuses, wait a few days, then drop the price £0.001 lower than the station down the street. I've no sympathy for them losing a few hundred dollars.

Aranince

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2007
California
This is what makes prices go up. Yes, you may fill up on gas for under $10 now. But next week when you go back, you now have to pay $4 or $5 for a gallon because of all the profits they loss. What should I expect from democrats. Want happiness now, not later.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
This is what makes prices go up. Yes, you may fill up on gas for under $10 now. But next week when you go back, you now have to pay $4 or $5 for a gallon because of all the profits they loss. What should I expect from democrats. Want happiness now, not later.

Your whole entire statement is just wrong. Every word. And your political slant was akin to that crazy lady who McCain had to correct.:confused:

Back to the OP, when you played Monopoly, and the "Bank made in error in your favor," did you give the money back? I didn't think so. :p

benflick

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
What should I expect from democrats. Want happiness now, not later.

Here come the anti McCain posts. (please)
I'll start (sorry for language)

Attachments

• 2prahzl.jpg
    2prahzl.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 52

da2005pizimp

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2006
Gilbert, AZ
Thanks for the compliments (won't lie it took alot to go all the way back to the store but knew i wouldn't sleep well, also whatever comes around goes around)

Benflick: just as you say that you will end up losing something be careful ;)

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Well that's just weird.

I've more important things to worry about, personally, than 30 or 40 motorists paying less than I do for my fuel.

And for what it's worth, those same poor gas stations are the ones making money hand over fist when they take days to pass on a wholesale price reduction to customers, despite little or no hedging. Even the petrol commissioner admits he's been disappointed at times!

hand over fist profits? are you really that ignorant? when prices are high, the stations make less per gallon to remain competitive. also all the cc payments eat into that profit. they only make like 10cents a gallon before all that anyways..

Next time fuel prices rise, look at your local petrol station; the customer price will raise within an hour or two. Watch when it falls; they'll hmm and hah, makes excuses, wait a few days, then drop the price £0.001 lower than the station down the street. I've no sympathy for them losing a few hundred dollars.

how can you justify your actions? seriously that's sad. the reason the lower prices is so they remain competitive. when they only make 10 cents a gallon, a 100 dollar drive off means they will have to sell 1000 gallons of gas just to break even from the drive off loss

do you make songs? care if i download them for free without paying you for it? i mean i could have no sympathy for songwriters and them losing a 100 bucks.....or what about a mom and pop restaurant? is it ok to steal the food?

the logic is the same. just because you dont like it doesnt mean you are justified to steal from somebody else....... grow up

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.