Cheap iphone4 backplates (camera bezel + flash diffuser)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Frenchjay, May 4, 2011.

1. Frenchjay, May 4, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011

Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Hi guys I have just ordered a backplate from eBay and wanted to mention them here because they are pretty cheap! They have lots of different coloured ones and I got the orange! I've only just order but I will post pics once I receive :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Glass-Flash-D...ain_0&var=&hash=item9bff9b3919#ht_4775wt_1141

There is a video of an orange backplate here!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdOlX3DGpoc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Edit: I've just noticed you get these items free with the backplate:D

1 X "+" screwdriver
    1 X "*" screwdriver
    1 X Back Film
    1 X Plug Stopper
    2 X "+" Screws

2. cecilvaliant macrumors newbie

i'm in for 1 white one. Pretty cheap and worth to try. =]

3. DARKiLLUSiON macrumors 6502

That's not a bad deal for the plate..I'm liking the green one
    thanks for posting this m8!

4. Frenchjay, May 5, 2011
    Last edited: May 5, 2011

Frenchjay thread starter macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Just to add that i have not got it yet so i don't know the quality but the listing looks ok.
    It's the only one on ebay i think that has both the diffuser and the camera ring with all the colour options.

5. allen2oo3 macrumors newbie

Looking forward to hearing your opinion. wouldnt mind getting a few colors.

6. Frenchjay thread starter macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

I will do a review once I receive it :) I want to get a blue and red too so I'm hoping they are good quality!

7. 007bond macrumors 6502a

007bond

At that price, you can't go wrong. I just don't think the quality will be on par with others.

8. Frenchjay thread starter macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

That's quite possible but you are aware that everyone who sells these third party backplates no matter what website or eBay seller will get them from china. The websites charge more because some have a strong customer base and maybe people are not aware of other places to buy from.

You can find some more of these on eBay at around the same price so I think they are getting a big batch at low prices. Even still the seller will be making a lot with the currency conversion rate.

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

funny how Apple continues to give us choices that are only black and white and that took about 10 months. :p Apple wants to be a leader here and there but then out comes the dinosaur.

10. Frenchjay thread starter macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Haha :p I'm assuming people would buy different coloured iphones if apple were to introduce them into the market. Look at the nano range!

11. 007bond macrumors 6502a

007bond

OP PLEASE post some pics and/or review when you get them. I'm really interested to see how these turn out. If the flash works fine, it fits well, and the quality is good, i'm gonna buy a few.

12. Frenchjay thread starter macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Don't worry! Literally as soon as the envelope comes through the door I'll open it up and post a review and lots of pictures. I'm actually looking forward to getting an orange one more than when I got a White backplate :D

13. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

14. 007bond macrumors 6502a

007bond

15. Wafflausages macrumors 6502

I'd order from cnn.cn I've always used them as a parts source for mobile devices and have always been happy with the quality they have. Their backplates are cheap and I'm pretty sure they're having a sale last time I checked :)

16. romeo0119 macrumors 6502

17. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I picked this one up from SW-Box and I really like. Nice how they dropped the price $10 from when I ordered mine :confused: They also have lots of other colored ones too. Only downside is that their shipping takes A LONG time depending on where you're at in the world.

[​IMG]

18. romeo0119 macrumors 6502

I got my white one but now I have to send it back, the camera lens cover is really hazy, looks like some how it's all scratch up or something, anyone got one can share ur experience w the camera lens? Seem like it's really cheap plastic that scratch easily.

19. Frenchjay thread starter macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

You did know that a new backplate has a small piece of plastic that you have to peel of the camera lens right:eek:

20. romeo0119 macrumors 6502

Umm please don't try to make me sounds like I'm stupid, of course I took it off! Did u even get urs yet? Why are u trying to be a smart ass when u don't even have one? Try comparing the quality between the stock n the after market lens n see.

21. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

The plastic is on the inside and the outside (just throwing it out there if you only thought its on the outside)

22. romeo0119 macrumors 6502

Nope mine didn't have one on the inside, triple checked it

23. cecilvaliant macrumors newbie

romeo0119, just curious, which link did u order from?

24. Frenchjay thread starter macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

I was not trying to make you look stupid your making an assumption.
    I was trying to help as other people I know have not removed the small Plastic and complained about the lens.

I have not received it yet and I don't expect to until later on this week. It has only been six business days so hopefully it will arrive this week. I have messaged people on eBay who bought from the seller and they said the quality is very good. I won't make my own comment until i get it myself.

By the way I already have 3 different backplates from different eBay sellers and all of them have no issues.

25. romeo0119 macrumors 6502

I got it from the above link, the one in Miami, I've contact the seller and they're sending me a replacement, hopefully I will get it in 3 days. Very nice and easy dealing w them.