Cheaper Ipad 3??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by stylinexpat, Jul 26, 2011.

1. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a

I sure hope that the next version of the Ipad 3 is not cheaper :eek: We need an Ipad with a better front resolution camera so that chat videos look better,more RAM so we don't have or see these checkers when scrolling down the screen and so that we don't have to reload every website page when we switch between tabs and a better performing processor is always welcome. What would be nice is if we had a better pair of speakers as well. A new HTC tablet is supposed to have 3 speakers with it.

These 2 or 3 things on top of the higher screen resolution should not be too much to ask for from Apple :D

http://www.bgr.com/2011/07/26/apple-may-launch-cheaper-ipad-3-this-year-according-to-report/

2. henchman macrumors 6502a

Really?
    Another ipad3 posting.

Jesus, give it a rest, please.

3. tekker macrumors regular

MacRUMORS

4. henchman macrumors 6502a

Yes, MacRUMORS.
    Not MacMakeitupcrapcauseimbored

5. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Apple products tend not to go down in price ... I doubt it will start with the next iPad

6. gadget123 macrumors 68000

iPad 2 was cheaper than iPad 1 at launch though.

7. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

the ipad2 had the same retail price.

8. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

iPod Touch prices dropped considerably from when they first came out. What storage memory they included moved down the price scale. You can get a 32gb Touch for less than I paid for my original 8g Touch.

That considered, and Apple's desire to keep on top of the tablet market, suggests to me there will be a $399 wifi 16gb iPad while the pricier ones may get better cameras and perhaps a few other unique features.

9. mfr1340 macrumors regular

you read the thread

Why even go there, you just like to complain!

10. applefan289 macrumors 68000

I wouldn't want a base iPad more expensive than $499. It's a lot as is, but it is still worth it. I think they can squeeze some of those features at a $499 price.

11. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

if this rumor does turn out to be true, a side effect will be that it'll depress resale value on the ipad1.

i'm sure apple will adjust their refurb prices on any ipad1 afterwards, but any ipad1 holders interested in getting a new ipad may want to think about unloading theirs if if this becomes a reality and when the new pricing hits the streets.

again, only if it comes true.

12. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

cmvsm

Ipad 1 owners will see a depreciation regardless once the iPad 3 comes to light, which sounds like some kind of refresh will hit before Christmas. I see all kinds of complaints on iTunes in the form of app reviews, where the iPad 1 cannot keep up with some of the current programs due to hardware inadequacy. Launch of the iPad 3 will make it that much worse, and unless you are using it for a reader or internet browser, and that's about it, I don't think that it was worth the purchase despite the discounts while the iPad 2 was launching. Tech just moves too fast to buy an outdated product out of the shoot.

13. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

agreed...the ipad1 will undoubtedly depreciate as it will be 2 generations old once the ipad3 debuts though i'm probably not as as pessimistic as you on the ipad1 aging capabilities as the majority of ipad users use their tablets for reading, email & web browsing, video - where it will still perform decently. the exception would be interactive gaming.

actually, if a cheaper ipad3 does debut, conceivablly it will probably more readily impact ipad2 resale values.

i don't want to overly focus on resale aspects on this thread...it was just something that popped into my head when i read the thread this morning.

14. henchman macrumors 6502a

So, they are sourcing parts.
    They will announce it AFTER the iPhone 5 release.
    Which means it will be out NEXT YEAR.