Cheapest unlimited data plan on T-mobile?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by alexnewm, Nov 19, 2008.

1. alexnewm macrumors newbie

Looks like T-mobile doesn't offer t-zones(Tmobile web) for 5.99 any more. Do you guys know the cheapest T-mobile unlimited data plan to be used for iphone?
    I don't need the text messages.

2. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Here's the pricing:

http://www.tmonews.com/2008/10/t-mobile-updating-data-prices/

Interesting how the article states that they can contact you and change you to the "right plan" if you put the sim in a different phone.

If they do that to me, it's off to AT&T, because I get a discount through my company and the price differential between T-Mobile and AT&T is now smaller (less minutes, but I don't use over 100/month anyways).

3. alexnewm thread starter macrumors newbie

I just found out that they have T-zones pro for 9.99 which includes 200 text messages per month. What can we do, they no longer have 5.99 T-zones. Definitely better than paying 19.99/24.99 ......

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Use T-Zones. Its as cheap as it gets. $5.99/month unlimited internet? Greatest deal there is...

5. Ecthelion macrumors member

Ecthelion

I'm seriously considering doing this exact thing.

6. sagarrana55 macrumors member

they are not offering T-zones($5.99) data plan anymore??? do i have to buy 19.99 data plan.. is it faster that 5.99 on iphone??? and can i use GPS and YOUTUBE on iphone? i have t-mobile..

7. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I think, that's the one under the "Shadow" and the data cap is 50MB...

8. r2bbrak macrumors newbie

I'm new to the forum, but this interests me as I just purchased an iPhone 2G for use with my existing T-Mobile plan.

After talking to customer care, I can confirm that the $5.99 T-Zones no longer exists. The best I could come up with for a bargain data plan for my phone was $9.99/month with a 100MB cap and no messaging.

Since I don't do SMS, this was the best plan for me. I'm really disappointed that T-Zones is gone. But the nice thing is that even if I bust the cap, it seems the worst I can do is pay $24.99 (no more than if I had an unlimited smartphone plan), if its true that overages in data can never exceed $15 (according to the TmoNews link). Thats a win-win, so why would I ever sign up for the unlimited plan?

Of course, do I need to notify T-Mobile that I'm using an iPhone? I just let them believe that I was adding service to my old Moto Razr. They said it would b a day or two to activate data.

9. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

They don't care if you have an iPhone, they have entire departments devoted to phones purchased outside of T-Mobile.