Check 6S upgrade elligible ATT Next [ result ]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ipadpro, Aug 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ipadpro macrumors 6502a

ipadpro

i just check my upgrade elligible ,, finally ATT does allow for customer who has ATT next program less than a year still able to continue upgrade for next iphone 6S ,,, if in this picture show it true , then 6S price and continueing upgrade about the same way ,,,, that very good option ........

i wont wait till october 20 to grab pink 6plus ,,,, i will grab pre order for my wife ..... onyly 7 more dollars
    why dont i just grab pre order ..... can't wait to grab in launch day at 3.00 AM waiting in line...

i hope this year ATT next has option pickup available ,,, last year they dont have ....
    Untitled.jpg

2. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

3. ipadpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

ipadpro

i like this way so every yrs had new iphone ,,,,

4. nostresshere macrumors 68030

I have tried to figure,,,,,,out what you,,,,,are trying to say, but can not.

BUT - without knowing the what the 6S or 6SPlus or 6PlusS will offer or cost, rather difficult to decide.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

What a big scam this next upgrade is.
    After you made a full year of payments totaling $509.40 you give them the phone back and start the monthly payments of $42.45 all over again for 20 more months.
    And this guy says he likes it this way, new phone every year:D LMAO:D
    You rented that iphone for a year and paid them $509.40

6. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

Rented? Carriers aren't just giving these phones away for free... Customers pay monthly for the balance of the phone.

Customers can either choose to give the carrier back the iPhone & upgrade to the newest one. Or pay off the balance and upgrade to the newest. I'm on the Next program... I don't see any issues with it. Now, I wouldn't recommend customers to simply give the phone back to upgrade to the newest phone.

But the Next program gives customers the flexibility to choose what route they want to take. They can choose to not to upgrade & keep their existing phone.

7. Ticocg59 macrumors member

Wouldn't you be better off paying the phone off and reselling it?? Seems that would be a better option than just turning it in.. Life you say it does give you options..

8. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

Of course... The better option is to sell it & paying off the balance of phone.. Because a customer can get more by selling off Craigslist or eBay than going the route of the carriers.

I'm not sure if I'll upgrade my 6 Plus... Cause I wanna know if the newest models have 2gigs of RAM. I'm sure the upgraded models are going to be faster, better camera... But the most compelling reason to upgrade is the RAM for me.

9. DeftwillP macrumors 6502

whoosh....the sound of applejuiced's point going over your head

He's not suggesting that the carriers should let you use a new phone for free. You're essentially agreeing with him by saying you wouldn't recommend giving the phone back.

10. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

I'm just laying out options. His point was the Next program is a scam. My point is that it's not a scam when using it to the customers advantage.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's exactly what it is.
    You use the phone for a year and paid a certain amount of money.
    Then return it to the carrier and started another next payment plan from scratch.
    Same type of idea as renting/leasing a car. What part of it dont you get?
    I didn't say carriers give anything for free, just explained how bad of a deal that is.

12. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I don't like the terminology of "renting" because it indeed is not true. Your not leasing it either. When you join the Next program you are purchasing the phone, after 12 months you have the ability to trade it in for a newer model. No one is making you trade it in but if you do the monthly payment starts over. Its no different than trading in a car that is not paid off for a newer car. You might have used the phone for a year and paid $XX amount off of the total loan of the phone, but AT&T is ultimately forgiving the balance of the loan if you return the device when you get another new device. Therefore, you are not renting it, you are only trading it in.

All you are doing is selling the phone back to AT&T to forgive the rest of the loan in order to start a new loan. Yes you can potentially make more than the $300 that AT&T is offering for the device (iPhone 6 64GB), but that can be a hassle and has its own risks, such as eBay scams, fees and time wasted trying to sell it. Do remember, that people are saving money on their service now.

13. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

I acknowledge that if you go with that option then yes... It's a bad deal. But the Next Program gives the customers options.

I understand how the Next program works... But the idea of renting seem as if it's a temporary situation. When the Next program is not necessarily temporary... For the simple fact that after the monthly payments end the phone becomes theirs.

14. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

This.

That is why I don't like the word renting. Renting implies you have no equity when the payments stop. But if you choose keep the device, once the payment stops, it is still worth something.

---
    Even if you trade it in to AT&T, its still worth something. AT&T is saying that it is worth $300, which is enough to forgive the loan. Obviously it is worth more than $300, but AT&T is making the bet that the additional value is not worth the time for customers to try to sell it on their own.

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Read the original post. I was talking about this particular situation where the OP paid a full year of next payments and is excited that he can just return the phone and get a new one every year.
    It is a temp solution in this instance, its a year thing. Get it?
    That's why I called it a scam and a waste of money.

16. ipadpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

ipadpro

ok right now me and my using 6 and 6 plus for both - and both just buy last yrs same time att next

my phone 2 more installment
    my wife phone 4 more installment

some how when i check upgrade via apple.com it show that chart which is 6S i can make a purchase

no need sell a 6 or 6 plus i will keep it
    and just continueing buying that way att next

make sense now

17. ipadpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

ipadpro

their is no trade in requir
    their is no waiting

watch , this fall i will using same social # upgrade my iphone and my 6/6plus still keep it with out trade in or anything require ,,,,, cause i am done att next installment , and i do eligible to do it that option ,, just like chart show ....

18. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

It's not really a scam (at least not anymore with the new plans with Next discount). Besides, whether you settle for what is essentially a guaranteed 40% trade-in with Next 12 ($340 in this case) or try to finagle a higher resale value by paying off the balance and selling yourself is entirely up to you.

19. C DM macrumors Westmere

You can pay off the phone and sell it yourself. It's basically like trading in your car at the dealer vs. selling one on your own when you are getting a new one.
    Basicaly that.

20. Newtons Apple, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015

Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

No matter how you look at it, the Next plan is preferred by ATT and is to their advantage.

If not they would not do it.

21. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

The NEXT plan is only an advantage for AT&T when you trade your phone in halfway through when you could've sold it for more money. If you keep phones for 2 or more years, like most people do, no one really has the advantage. If anything the customer does because they're getting an interest free loan for 2 years.

22. ipadpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

ipadpro

do u guy see a chart above
    their is nothing show trade in requir
    i am finish with installment just begin with new next program

why the heck i have to give att my phone to them

clear like water

this yrs 6s same social security number
    same option Att Next.

23. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I have no idea what the hell you're actually saying, but if you're done paying off the phone then of course you can start a new NEXT plan. If you're still paying it off, you have to trade it in. AT&T isn't going to give you a phone for free.

24. pokerplayer73 macrumors 6502

pokerplayer73

If the loan was forgiven, you wouldn't have to return the phone.
    You are not building any equity if you are simply returning the phone after 1 year. If there was equity, you would get a discount on your next phone.

25. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

My last 3 phone purchases were on Next. I bounce from device to device on a regular basis.

Pay it off, or dump it and get something else. Not that complicated.

It's vastly better than being locked into a 2 year contract.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.