Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shoulin333

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
California
New 19", 21", and 24" Mini Display Port LED CinemaView Displays

cinemavi_05_1z2_paste-1z2.png

Ha ha yep thats right "CinemaView" POS copycat screens, but they have mini displayport

Http://cinemaview.com

barkmonster

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2001
Lancashire
what use is an LCD in a space saving sense if it's got 6 inches of plastic around the screen?

I live the ultra thin design of my own monitor and the current APPLE range of LCDs.

They could have bettered apple by including USB audio, even thinner but still Apple style case design and multiple inputs.

rtheb

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2008
Dear CinemaView:
Please contact me by email when the 24-inch CinemaView display is available for order.
I understand that I will have priority order status at that time and will receive free shipping to any USA, Canada, or EU country destination.
I also understand that this request does not obligate me to make any purchase.

Doesn't appear that they are actually in production and no mention of panel type.

If they actually produce these they will probably use the inexpensive TN (twisted nematic) display.

dentedG4

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2007
Doesn't appear that they are actually in production and no mention of panel type.

If they actually produce these they will probably use the inexpensive TN (twisted nematic) display.

Whats the point of having both 19.0" and 20.1" models in a fictitious line of knockoff monitors? Seems like a fake college project to me...

Jamesl94

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2009
They look cheap and nasty.

The stand almost looks like it's galvanized metal!

The colours are all wrong. It's horrid.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Slim down the black and people would be all over it. Honestly, it is simply that they're copying Apple (read: lawsuit) that enrages people. If someone came out with a aluminum 30" ACD that looked nearly identical to Apple's and used the more superior panel I'd buy it. I still find myself nuts for paying $1800 for a 30" display ... although it's shiny and I love it.

dwl017

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2007
Murder Capitol DC
Wow that's ugly.

For the love of God! why do so many of the members of this site act like 15 year old female drama queens? its a display at an affordable price that gets the job done. Why does everything always have to match the decor of your adolescent dorm room or blend in with the Hanna Montana look of a young girls room.

They look cheap and nasty.

The stand almost looks like it's galvanized metal!

The colours are all wrong. It's horrid.

Are you a 13 year old teenage girl? who gives a ---- what it looks like, finally a company has stepped forward and is offering the consumer a product compatible with Apple machines for under $1000 and the first thing everyone does is cry how ugly it is.

Go ahead pay Apple $900 for the 24" display with an Apple logo on it :rolleyes:

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
The immediate dismissal of anything non-Apple here is so damn childish.

zer0tails

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2008
Canada
Are you a 13 year old teenage girl? who gives a ---- what it looks like, finally a company has stepped forward and is offering the consumer a product compatible with Apple machines for under $1000 and the first thing everyone does is cry how ugly it is.

you're right. But don't you think they would have done a better photoshop job at least? haha:p

dwl017

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2007
Murder Capitol DC
The immediate dismissal of anything non-Apple here is so damn childish.

I could not agree with you more! this automatic dismissal of anything non Apple is just pathetic. At least this group is trying and has invested their time into some sort of RD and are hoping to make a go at the American dream. I wish them all the best of luck in their endeavor and much success.

zer0tails

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2008
Canada
Its real easy to sit behind a computer screen and criticize, how many products have you launched or design? I wish these folks all the best.

it's real easy to sit behind a computer making false assumptions and passing judgments.

who said i was criticizing? I'm not. I hope they do well too because i appreciate having a choice of monitor other than the current one Apple offers. Can't a guy remark on how he thinks they could have done a better job in presenting their product? i haven't launched any products or designs but i don't see how that matters. :)

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
For the love of God! why do so many of the members of this site act like 15 year old female drama queens? its a display at an affordable price that gets the job done. Why does everything always have to match the decor of your adolescent dorm room or blend in with the Hanna Montana look of a young girls room.

From their website: "Apple is not the only company capable of crafting products with meticulous attention to design, engineering, and quality. For evidence, we present the 2009 line of CinemaView LCD displays."

I'd assume that Apple would get them for copyright infringement and trademark infringement. And Jon Ives will probably be asking Apple's lawyers whether "crimes against design" is something you can be prosecuted for.

What I find interesting is what exactly makes these monitors so ugly. To me, they just look ugly compared to Apple's monitors, but it is hard to say why. Maybe some designer reading this thread can give some insight.

I could not agree with you more! this automatic dismissal of anything non Apple is just pathetic. At least this group is trying and has invested their time into some sort of RD and are hoping to make a go at the American dream. I wish them all the best of luck in their endeavor and much success.

By "research", do you mean "researching what designs Apple has produced in the last years"? I didn't know that blatant copying was the "American dream".

njz1719

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2009
I agree, for some reason these monitors look really ugly to me and its not because they dont have an apple logo. I would never pay for a cinema display even though they are awesome, Im perfectly happy with my 1080p AOC display that I payed probably around 1000 dollars less for then I would have for a Cinema Display, for what I use my desktop for, I just dont need a monitor like the Cinema Display.

Jamesl94

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2009
Are you a 13 year old teenage girl? who gives a ---- what it looks like,:rolleyes:

Well, I do.

To me it looks horrid, nasty and cheap. Yes the price does come in to it as it is cheap but this things looks cheaper than the price they are asking.

I am not a apple fanboy. Infact, I am looking at a screen at this moment in time and getting a apple one was last on my list.

James

jwilcox09

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2007
Boston
Interesting indeed. But I do agree with several others about the appearance, I think what I don't like is the rounded corners. I like the monitors that have sharper corners, just preference, but atleast someone is making an effort since apple is so overpriced.

RHatton

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2009
Louisville, KY

I'm sorry I like to pay for quality and better technology. :rolleyes:

Do you even have a clue at the differences between the different panels?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.