Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Radeon85

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
South Wales, UK
No issues on my silver 6+ 128gb. Text is perfectly straight.

Production week: 35 (September)
Factory: F2 (China, Zhengzhou - Foxconn)

Crosscreek

macrumors 68030
Nov 19, 2013
Margarittaville
Is this reason enough for a return?

Warranty says hardware defects...wondering if this is considered a 'hardware defect'

If you had a $55k BMW, and the factory misaligned the BMW logo on the back of the car, would you return the vehicle? Would they even let you???

You can return it within 14 days for no reason. If it bothers you return it and tell them you want one thats right.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Mine is the same. iPhone 6 Space Grey 16gb AT&T.

I will check some at the Apple Store in the next few days. If I see some are perfect then I will exchange.

Sean76

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2013
NYC
Mine is the same. iPhone 6 Space Grey 16gb AT&T.

I will check some at the Apple Store in the next few days. If I see some are perfect then I will exchange.

I went and looked at the 2 on display at the at&t store near me and both are perfectly straight. I know it doesn't affect the way the phone works, but it just bothers me. Looks like another luck of the draw realease from apple. We weren't suposed to care about the scratches on the edges of the 5 & 5s and I guess we're not suposed to care about lop sided text on our supposably top of the line phones from apple.

BenDo

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
Wow look like my 64 GB Space Gray have the same problem except you don't really notice unless you focus on it up close, so whatever going to have a case on it anyway lol

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
Hey guys. Just received my iPhone 6, 64gb silver on Friday. Love it but I noticed that the labeling of the iphone on back is lopsided. The "designed by apple in California, assembled in China" imprinting along with the FCC labeling is crooked! Looking at the rear of the phone it slants downward to the right. Is anyone else seeing this on their iPhones? I have attached a picture. My phone was delivered from the Harrisburg, PA apple distributing center. It is an ATT iphone 6, 64 GB, silver. It's hard to see it in the picture but in person, it's quite obvious the phone wasn't straight when it was incribed. Thanks

It's clearly noticeable even before I clicked on the image to enlarge it. I would return it. Obviously, the QC, was ordering lunch when yours went through the conveyor belt. Or the stamping/etching machine was not aligned properly.

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
I went and looked at the 2 on display at the at&t store near me and both are perfectly straight.

That isn't surprising. Apple undoubtedly checks each display model very carefully before putting it before the public. Something like a crooked silkscreened logo would never get past in-store quality control.

I feel bad for those who are getting these crooked-logo phones. Does it affect the operation of the phone? No. But is it annoying and indicative of hurried manufacturing? Absolutely.

hermitman

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2008
Hey guys. Just received my iPhone 6, 64gb silver on Friday. Love it but I noticed that the labeling of the iphone on back is lopsided. The "designed by apple in California, assembled in China" imprinting along with the FCC labeling is crooked! Looking at the rear of the phone it slants downward to the right. Is anyone else seeing this on their iPhones? I have attached a picture. My phone was delivered from the Harrisburg, PA apple distributing center. It is an ATT iphone 6, 64 GB, silver. It's hard to see it in the picture but in person, it's quite obvious the phone wasn't straight when it was incribed. Thanks

i would lock it up and sell it after 10 years....

mgb1120

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
That isn't surprising. Apple undoubtedly checks each display model very carefully before putting it before the public. Something like a crooked silkscreened logo would never get past in-store quality control.

I feel bad for those who are getting these crooked-logo phones. Does it affect the operation of the phone? No. But is it annoying and indicative of hurried manufacturing? Absolutely.

Thats how all the phones should be looked over, i understand there mass produced but when you but a “premuim” product you'd expect a great QC device. Period.

Cattywampus_

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2006
I know you could say that it is only a bit of writing on the back of a phone... but for a company like Apple who pride themselves on the design of their products and their brand... this is shocking.

The writing on the back is as equally important as every other component on the phone... not only for the customer, who has shelled out lots of money for a premium product, but for Apple who seem to put as a lot of effort into the little details that help build positive brand recognition.

If I was someone who knew nothing of Apple and was using your phone to decide whether to buy an iPhone or any of their other products; I may look at this slanted engraving and think 'well this is a company that clearly doesn't take themselves seriously and don't really care about checking things like this don't happen'... and would possibly not buy.

Surprised this got passed their inspection; especially if there are more than a few cases as appears to be the case.

BigMar89

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
My 64GB Silver Plus has the same issue. I didnt notice it until coming across this thread. My phone also has the weird, LOUD vibration buzz which overpowers the vibration itself. Contemplating whether i should go exchange it or not since i risk getting another faulty unit (something worse such as display issues, bent frame, dents, etc.) Its just the mere fact that i actually dropped $900 on the phone thats getting to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.