Other Check Your Replacement Batteries

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JT2002TJ, Feb 6, 2018.

1. JT2002TJ, Feb 6, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018

JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

I paid to have my battery on my 6+ replaced in the fist week of January 2018, at Roosevelt Field Mall's Apple store (Long Island, NY). After I got it back I ran the Geek Bench test, only to see it run slow again. This is the busiest mall in Long Island, and not where you want to go by choice.

The steps I went through:
    1) Show up for them to say, Yes your battery is bad, and you need to replace it. We don't have any, and will email you when it is in.
    2) 2 days later, I get an email. They want me to wait in a line of 40 people to simply to hand them my phone. So I tell them I'm leaving my phone for a battery replacement, I'm not waiting, please get someone to help me (which they do). I leave the phone for 3 days
    3) I go to pick up the phone 3 days later. Once again, they want me to wait in a line of 40+ people. I talk to someone and they accommodate me and bring the phone out. When I got home I tested it to see the geek bench score is still slow.

So, I am on the beta testing program, so fast forward to today, iOS 11.3 beta 2 comes out, with the battery life indicator (this is what I was waiting for). It shows 80%, so I now have the proof I needed.

So I got on an apple support chat session, and I asked them to run a remote diagnostic, they did, and confirmed that the battery was bad.

They then say they see no record of my battery being changed, the only service on my device was the camera replacement (this was warranty when there was the recall). So I dig through my emails, and find the work order, which has the Apple support case number. With that number they were now able to see it, and are not sure why my battery wasn't changed.

An Apple senior adviser is now assigned to the case and is going to figure this all out.

Make sure they actually change your batteries people...

2. ACG12 macrumors 6502a

3. JT2002TJ thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am waiting for a call back to see if they will give me a replacement phone, or if I'm stuck waiting until March/April for a replacement battery to come...
    --- Post Merged, Feb 6, 2018 ---
    The work order:
    [​IMG]

The run on 1/14/2018 was the next morning after the replacement
    [​IMG]

The Battery Health Test:
    [​IMG]

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

One bad experience doesn't mean everyone's batteries weren't changed. Just saying

5. JT2002TJ, Feb 6, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018

JT2002TJ thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, but one bad experience means there is the possibility that there are others. This is a PSA to those who have had their batteries "replaced." Make sure it actually was, and is performing as it should.

EDIT: I'm not sure where I said or implied that everyone's batteries wasn't changed. Seems strange that I post a story, and your first response is defending something that was never claimed.

6. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

This is bad. Please keep the thread updated with the outcome of the investigation. :)

7. RoadRamblerNJ macrumors newbie

Boy, they sure showed YOU how they despise people not willing to wait in the sheeple lines. NO battery for you!

8. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

9. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Mistakes like this happen with a lot of companies. Apple will make it right.

10. JT2002TJ thread starter macrumors 6502a

Update. The senior advisor has set up an express replacement, so I don’t have to wait for the 1-2 month battery back order, and so I don’t have to deal with going to the store 2 more times.

Yes, this is the right way to handle this mess up, but it should never have happened in the first place.

11. JT2002TJ thread starter macrumors 6502a

They did make it right.

I am not sure how the mistake was made though, it's not like this is a little cosmetic change, they have to disassemble the entire phone. Either it was opened and changed, or it wasn't, how does one mistakenly say it was (considering they have an extra part in hand)?

12. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Considering you had the paper for that work and it wasn't performed, I would assume they would make it right.

13. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

Wow this is like those sleazy auto maintenance shops that get occasionally busted on local TV for charging customer while not actually changing their oil!

14. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

oh i've seen plenty of those on our local news. shop owners son was joy riding in a car they had in for a transmission repair, got drunk and totaled the car.

that's my phobia and is why i've been changing mine and my wifes oil. i have a feeling that i would pay for premium oil and get generic.

15. simonmet macrumors 68020

simonmet

You didn’t, it’s typical passive aggressive behaviour from Apple defenders.

Another case of non-replacement has since emerged so it’s by no mea