Checked out the Anti-Glare MBP's at the store in the weekend..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sparkie7, Nov 8, 2009.

1. sparkie7 macrumors 68000

sparkie7

They look nice (the matte screen), But what's with the ugly black rubber surrounds and the black bar under the screen? Looking at the MBA, the 15 & 17 AG MBP's looked half-baked. The MBA looks awesome, that's how the AG MBP's should look, ie with matching grey rubber screen surrounds and grey bar. A little more attention to detail required me thinks  designers

The black keyboard.. UGH.. every time I see it looks hideous. White or silver keys ok, but those cheap looking chicklet keys look rubbish.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

For an honest comparison, I actually need to use a Glossy & a Matte MacBook Pro out in the sun to see the difference. In-Store, I see no difference.

3. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

it is actually a matter of personal preference. many people, myself included, think that the black accents is a nice tie in with the black keyboard. if they were grey i think the keyboard would look out of place. as i think it does on the air.

4. sparkie7 thread starter macrumors 68000

sparkie7

I think the Air looks sleeker b/c you dont see a clumpsy black rubber edging. All the more reason to make the keyboard white or aluminium. Then the whole MBP can be aluminium like the classic MBP's

5. jiE macrumors regular

I agree. If they just made the unibodys with grey bezel, no black rubber, and grey keys it would look fantastic.

6. wankey macrumors 6502a

Speak for yourself. I absolutely love the black bezel. It’s like black laced bra lingerie that you can see the edges under a nice silver dress.
    [​IMG]

7. sparkie7 thread starter macrumors 68000

sparkie7

emm.. the last time I looked there wasn't a fetish sub-forum :D:cool::D

8. twombles62 macrumors member

I don't like the look of the glossys at all. To me it looks like someone's taken a screen off the old Macbook Pros and put it on the base of the new ones.

9. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

In reference to the above pic, I've wished since the 17" PowerBook came out that they'd put a bigger keyboard on the 17" laptops - the small one on that huge laptop just looks silly :p

10. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i rolled my eyes reading your post, but then, looking at your username, it all made sense. :)

11. zw-gator macrumors 6502a

zw-gator

I think the matte screen looks half finished myself. There's just something un-Apple like in the styling.

12. macfrik macrumors 6502

macfrik

I totally agree with you..! The anti glare uMBP is very sexy! No doubt about it.

13. dan5.5 macrumors 6502

Everyone has their own taste. I personally
    think it looks pretty good. I like the trim, but I would have made the hinge gray.