Chester County-outside Philly IPad availability

Discussion in 'iPad' started by solostars, Mar 28, 2011.

1. solostars macrumors member

Morning!

I am beyond frustrated here. The target,best buy, walmart trackers in my area are WAY off. I've been all over for two weeks only to go to 4 more places to come up empty.

Where have you guys been getting lucky? I live in Downingtown and have traveled up to 50 miles. I have an iPad 1, so I should be happy. I did see some avail last week in Springfield, but had death in family so was out of town.

Anyone getting lucky at Apple in king of Prussia? I've been there two mornings waiting in line for hours, no luck. I've been running script, but will stop stalking all these sights because I get there and nothing.

Thank you for listening to my frustration. I'm happy for those who have lucked out.

Nan

2. i hate phones macrumors 6502a

are you looking for a specific model/color? let me know and I'll keep an eye out... i'm in west chester

3. Trouser Cough macrumors member

Trouser Cough

Crowded Busses, Cramped Elevators, Taco Bell
    FWiW, I got lucky at the KoP store w/16 & 32 ATT Black last week.

4. gg1965 macrumors newbie

I am up the road in Phoenixville, so my guess is that we are pulling up essentially the same stores when using the BB, Target, Walmart inventory checkers. I have found that it is very rare for any of those stores in our area to show stock. there is a BB in Whitehall and that has been showing stock of 32 gig ATT for like a week now, but I have called and when they answer the phone, it is part of there intro to say that they have no Ipad 2 in stock.

I was in a very new BB in Collegeville yesterday and the guy said that they got 15 on launch day and have not gotten any new shipments since. As I said it is a new location...so no track record with Apple...not surprising that they have not gotten any since launch. The guy I spoke to said they may not get any until June.

I gave up on the 15th and ordered online from Apple. By that time, the Apple site said ships 4-5 weeks and my target ship date is 4/19. I was actually up at around 4:00 AM launch day, but decided not to order because I didn't want to wait 5-7 days. I am new to the world of Apple launches and thought...ahh, I 'll just go get one at one of the 20 BB locations around here. Ummm....maybe I underestimated the demand a bit...not to mention I also overestimated supply.

I am off on Friday and will try the Apple store in KOP....if no luck...I guess I'll just wait a few weeks for mine to ship. I think it would require dumb luck to get what you want at any of the BB, target, Walmarts around here any time soon.

5. CobraPA macrumors 6502

The Targets up this way have been getting them off and on last week. What models are you looking for? (For example, Montgomeryville has 64G White ATT now. That store seems to get a few every couple days now.)

6. Trouser Cough macrumors member

Trouser Cough

I was at the Whitehall BB this saturday around opening time, they definitely don't have iP2s in stock.

Random side question: I recently moved to Pville... how the @!#@ are you supposed to get to KoP during the hours of 7-9am without sitting in traffic for an hour????

7. gg1965 macrumors newbie

I recently moved to Pville... how the @!#@ are you supposed to get to KoP during the hours of 7-9am without sitting in traffic for an hour????

It ain't happenin if you don't have a hellicopter...:mad:

8. solostars thread starter macrumors member

LOL on the helicopter comment, so true so true!!!

I am looking for a 32G Wifi Black. Getting my kid on the bus at 8am, I can't get down to KofP, with traffic until after 9, and well, we know THAT won't cut it.

i hate phones--I work in west chester!! thanks for keeping an eye out!!

Anyone have luck at Apple Lancaster??

9. CobraPA macrumors 6502

Stop by Brandywine Airport and ask the nice heli pilots to hitch a ride! :cool:

10. Trouser Cough macrumors member

Trouser Cough

GAH! WTF? I guess I'm moving this summer then. The PVille area is nice, but if I'm waiting that long in traffic, it might as well be on 76...

11. gg1965 macrumors newbie

Once the bridge that is closed on Whitehorse Rd opens...supposed to be around June...it will b much less painful. In other words, about the same time there will be a friggin Ipad 2 available in the KOP area stores....you will be able to get there in less than an hour....you've got to look at the glass half full man.

12. solostars thread starter macrumors member

Maybe our helicopter pilot could just drop the iPads down into our front yards???

Traffic on 76 is horrendous. I feel for you if you drive it daily.

13. MatP macrumors newbie

I got mine at the Target on City ave. The targets in the immediate philly area have been somewhat steady over the last week. Watch the stock checker like a hawk.

and yeah, 76 == the suck

14. i hate phones macrumors 6502a

hey if you have a couple extra bucks to spend the brandywine target store in delaware (the one off of 202 right across the pa/de border) is showing the 64g wifi black in stock. of course i would try calling first... and you won't have to pay tax :)

15. solostars thread starter macrumors member

I saw that!!! Been contemplating but don't think I need 64gb. Thank you for pointing it out though. :)

16. CobraPA macrumors 6502

It looks like Richland and Philly West have 1 piece today, but only White Verizon, 16G or 64G.

17. SipperyPete macrumors regular

Just picked up a white 64G wi-fi at BB in KoP yesterday...they had three and I got the last one. I see that Downingtown BB also got a shipment of the same type...I didn't call so I don't know if they are still for reservations, but they still show as available this morning. I would recommend calling or stopping by when they open.

Good Luck!

18. CobraPA macrumors 6502

Couple 64G Verizon showed up in the area. Still haven't seen much in AT&T models around here.

19. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I found 2 at target in Springfield 2 in Plymouth meeting an 2 on city Lina ave. They had some at Springfield this morning. Mine were all 64 atts in white. Springfield only had verizon or I would have scooped them up.

20. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Best Buy Reservations

Best Buy isn't using the normal in-store pickup method for iPads. Their store inventory will show stock as available but in reality these are probably behind the counter in the reservation line.

21. Dr99 macrumors member

+1 here. I scored a black 64gb verizon at the Target on city line. Sucks that there's the addtional 2% tax there.

22. solostars thread starter macrumors member

I finally scored the other day at Apple King Prussia. I got there about 8:30 was about 40th in line. They were handing out white tickets as to which one you wanted. Only allowed two. They then opened at 9 and I was out by 9:30. Black 32wifi. Saw some going back and forth to get in line twice. It is soo sweet. I love it.

23. SonoViva macrumors 6502

SonoViva

Does the KoP Apple Store get them every day, anyone know? Think it's worth a shot lining up tomorrow?

24. solostars thread starter macrumors member

Sonoviva,

Sorry, I just noticed your post now. I got the impression that they are getting them everyday. The guy behind me in line said it was his third day in a row getting iPads there. My husband was in Apple during the afternoon on Wed.(I got mine Thurs.) to check for me, and they had some, just not the model I was after. Give it a shot. I bet you get lucky!!

25. WorldIRC macrumors 6502

The original developer of the 76 used to say "if you don't like it, don't drive on it"

When my father moved to South Jersey, I quickly learned why.