Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

000111one111000

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2001
DeKalb, IL
yeah, I know, I love it.

At the Woodfield Opening, everyone kept stopping to ask me what was going on. "Is someone famous here or something?"

"Nope, just the Apple Store grand opening."

"Are they giving away anything?"

"A t-shirt that says "Woodfield."

"oh. nerd."

hehe

They better have at least one G5 on display.

enoch

chicagdan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2002
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by patrick0brien
-000111one111000

Yes. 6p. The first 1000 in the door.

It's going to be wild! (the little voice in my head keeps saying "rock concert")

Yeah, except there are women at rock concerts. I admire the 20 women who will get tee-shirts tomorrow.

pourhadi

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2003
I'll be there

I'll be there bright and early.

Hoping to get 1st in line.... (think of how early that has to be)

Call me crazy if you want....

patrick0brien

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 24, 2002
The West Loop
Originally posted by chicagdan
Yeah, except there are women at rock concerts. I admire the 20 women who will get tee-shirts tomorrow.

-chicagdan

Me too. But hands off the Latina I'm bringing, she's taken.

(Not by me tho)

chicagdan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2002
Chicago, IL
-chicagdan

Me too. But hands off the Latina I'm bringing, she's taken.

(Not by me tho)

I went out to Woodfield on Monday for the keynote ... there were so many undateable geekboys on hand, I expected Shattner to appear at any moment and yell "get a life!"

hacurio1

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2002
Re: Chicago Apple Store: Who's in line?

-All

Who am I <and the two potential switchers I'm bringing> going to see in line Friday for the 6:00pm opening?

I'm easy to find, just use my 'tar for reference.

I'll be there too. Too bad there won't be any new PB for me to spend my money on... LOL. I'll be the short guy (5'6"), no glases, black hair, very young looking, Drooling while playing with the PBs G4. Does anybody know if they'll have a G5 demo?

Giaguara

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2002
i'll be there plenty in advance. wearing either a jaguar spotted top, or a wwdc developer party 2000 - t shirt and some stevewear. :D

pourhadi

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2003
Update

I just talked to the VP of Sales of Apple, and he confirmed that Steve Jobs IS comming to the Michigan Avenue Apple Store but said that there IS NOT a G5 computer in there for display.

e-coli

macrumors 68000
Jul 27, 2002
I'll be there (with a potential switcher).

I'm curious to see it. I've only seen it through the cracks in the walls.

Giaguara

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2002
I am there now. Was in the queue since 11 am, the store opened 51 minutes ago. Some guys were queuing since yesterday afternoon.

Everybody has their cameras and videocameras and use them, thus YES you can use your camera here patrick.

Anyone else here?\\

I will post some pix asap i'll be home. ;) :D :) :p

pourhadi

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2003
OK

Ok, I was the 6th one in, video cam in hand and all.

I won one of those iSights.

Definetly one the best Apple Store openings I've seen.

The lines were so long they had to loop it around the entire block, so at the front of the line where we were standing ten feet away on the other side of the sidewalk was the end of the line.

ExoticFish

macrumors 6502a
well, it took a while to get to Chicago (i live an hour south of Cleveland, OH). only took 5 hours to get to Chicago. Took another hour and a half to get into downtown!!!! insane traffic!!!!! At least i got a shirt! :D I'm sitting upstairs right now! swweeeeeeeetttt.... too bad i couldn't get one of those free iSights.

e-coli

macrumors 68000
Jul 27, 2002
That line was REDICULOUS! It wrapped around the entire city block TWICE!!!

I had to bail. I jst couldn't stand in line that long. It was good to see that Apple has such a great following, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.