Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Foxer

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2003
Washington, DC
I was in Ohio for the weekend, but stopped by the Michigan Ave. store on the way home yesterday afternoon. Very cool. I'd never seen a flagship store before, and I was wondering - beyond the theatre, what they would do to pad the displays to fill the store. Well done - a very nice store. The catch, of course, is that no matter how big the store, there really isn't any product that you can't get at one of the closet-sized boutique store.

And, as usual, the only question I asked an employeewas beyond his ability to answer. And it was a simple one about the G5 promo the store was running. Oh well.

patrick0brien

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 24, 2002
The West Loop
Originally posted by Foxer
...no matter how big the store, there really isn't any product that you can't get at one of the closet-sized boutique store.

-Foxer

Quite true, but remember the point is to let people play, test drive the machines with persons who are knowledgeable about the stuff, with machines that are cared for and not in some awful Best Buy or CompUSA state.

NikeTown and the Sony store border to the South of the Apple store and they were put in to do this as well for their respective brands.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.