Chicago Sun Times fires all photographers

Status
Not open for further replies.

neutrino23

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 14, 2003
SF Bay area
http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2013/05/31/chicago-sun-times-fires-its-entire-photo-staff/

According to a fired photographer "Sun-Times reporters," he wrote, "begin mandatory training today on 'iPhone photography basics' following elimination of the paper's entire photo staff."

I like the iPhone 5 camera and use it a lot, but this is extreme. What about sports photography? Night shots? Those needing long lenses, good flash. What about experience? Talent?

I use the iPhone camera a lot but for important pictures I use a Canon DSLR with a 17-55mm f2.8 lens for wide angle shots and a 70-300mmL for tight shots.

My guess is that they'll start buying pictures from independents like Peter Parker.

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
If true, it means more and more people apparently don't know or care about quality work.

Editors are probably next so we can enjoy the misuse of "your", "there" and "its".

Laird Knox

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2010
If true, it means more and more people apparently don't know or care about quality work.

Editors are probably next so we can enjoy the misuse of "your", "there" and "its".
Its true that your probably rite they're.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Its true that your probably rite they're.
I'm sorry, I know it's impolite to correct others English usage, but that should read..."Its' true that yore probably write their".

(BTW:I hope you take this correction in the spirit it was given...)

To make you look bad, and me look good!

thehustleman

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2013
Now that I think about it, this isn't a bad idea at all.

It's a newspaper, how good of a photo do you really need?!??

Status
Not open for further replies.