Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
On the plus side, they treat vegetarians well: we get all the extras (guacamole, plus beans AND peppers instead of choosing) at no charge.

On the downside, their web orders seem to generate needless paper: as near as I can tell they don't have a screen at the counter, they grab a printout. I assume iPhone orders work the same way.

I'd be tempted if I ate there a whole lot when the lines were punishing (do they tell you you cut to the front of the line?) but otherwise not worth the space on my screen.

I do like the concept of pre-paying though--it would be cool for some service to emerge with a single app that lots of restaurants (including the local places I prefer to support) could join in on.

P.S., I calculate that 31 iPhones would fit into a Chipotle burrito.

ALoLA

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2003
Greater Los Angeles Area

Lightmensendme

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2008
Southern CA
Problems?

I'm not sure what everyone is talking about with all of their problems but I love Chipotle and used the app today to get lunch. All I had to do was download the app, make an account, place my order and walk right in to pick up my delicious food. The ingredients they use is far much better than any decent food chain out there. Don't hate people. You get what you pay for and I think in this case you get a lot more than you pay for.

EDIT:Oh... and I even got a call after I picked up my order today from I believe the manager who asked if everything was warm and fresh enough. Now if thats not dedication to great service then let me know what is.

dvkid

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2006
I'm not sure what everyone is talking about with all of their problems but I love Chipotle and used the app today to get lunch. All I had to do was download the app, make an account, place my order and walk right in to pick up my delicious food. The ingredients they use is far much better than any decent food chain out there. Don't hate people. You get what you pay for and I think in this case you get a lot more than you pay for.

EDIT:Oh... and I even got a call after I picked up my order today from I believe the manager who asked if everything was warm and fresh enough. Now if thats not dedication to great service then let me know what is.

So even though the app has been pulled, it still works for ordering? I guess I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Lightmensendme

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2008
Southern CA
So even though the app has been pulled, it still works for ordering? I guess I'll give it a try tomorrow.

I may have ordered before it was pulled but I did not have a problem using it when I did this morning. The only thing that I noticed is that the app shows the the last order and any order that you name as a favorite. Well when I just checked the app, both my last order and favorites were lost which may have been part of why it was pulled however everything worked fine this morning and they charged me correctly.

macthegoalie31

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2008
Please. My Fiance is Mexican and he loves Chipotle. As does his family. So what if it's not "real" Mexican food, it's damn good. Rice doesn't always have to be orange. Sheesh.

Philberttheduck

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2006
HB, CA
damn this reminds me how long its been since i had chipotle.. im still surprised this chain is owned by mcdonalds.. haha (i don care if someone's already mentioned in this thread or not). rambling.. but when did chipotle get so expensive? 6.25 for a burrito now?? btw steak fajita burrito is the ****!!

carrjar

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2007
Columbus, OH
Anyone have success?

My two favorite things in this world are my iPhone and Chipotle. I did backflips when I saw it in the App Store. I got a stomach ache when I tried to use it. I can't imagine them not requiring payment before order is completed. Do you realize how many "fake orders" would be placed? Also, a confirmation #. You show up...go to the cashier, give them your confirmation #, and walk out with a burrito. I applaud Chipotle for embracing the App store, but can't understand how unprepared they were. If it works...it's going on my home screen.:)

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
Now if only, you know, Chipotle's food was, you know, eatable? Seriously, they may be okay if you're in an area with absolutely no other mexican restaurants, but really, On the Border and Loco Coco's Tacos both blow them away.

... I'd love it is LCT offered something like this.

Chipotle's isn't 'Mexican'. It's 'Tex-Mex' which is an Americanized thing, which is anything but 'Mexican'.

That being said, it's really good...just not 'Mexican'.

Now if only they had one down here where I live.

penguy

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2007
CA
this is one app that you would have to think was never tested after the code was written. but it has potential! at least, I hope it does

sneakyob

macrumors member
May 19, 2008
we need an app made for Pizza Hut... that would be awsome

I agree! I always wonder why the Pizza chains have not jumped all over this! I noticed that Papa Johns has a special iphone screen, but it is just on the browser when you go to their site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.