chirp sound

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nameisrv, Jul 8, 2010.

1. nameisrv macrumors newbie

I have a iphone 8GB 3GS. I ecently upgraded to iOS4. I have noticed that a few times , when I an browsing an app , for ex. mail all, and then I turn off my iPhone using the power button on the top right, the phone makes a chirp sound / ringing sound for about 5 seconds!
    is that a bug/feature ? I never used to get this before iOS4. It occurs randomly but when it occurs I can reproduce it consistentl !
    any clues ???
    thanks

2. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I have an iPhone 4 and when I first got it, if I had the lock sound on and tapped the sleep button to turn off the screen, it would make an "echo" sound that would last for a few secoonds. It sounded almost like a helicopter like the lock sound repeating over and over again. I powered off and then back on, and haven't heard it since. It was very strange.

3. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

There's something up with iOS4 in this regard. I'm working a defect with apple dev support now regarding mystery sounds and mysterious disappearing sounds (lock and keyboard sounds going away following use of apps that do background audio such as Pandora).

4. KameronBriggs macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

5. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

Yes.