chpwn does it again with VoiceActivator

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by labman, Jan 29, 2011.

1. labman macrumors 604

labman

Again jb dev do what Apple should have done. Configure Voice Control how you want or need it. open web pages Apps etc. for the most part Voice Control has been useless to me. this App can change that. Not in Cydia yet but I will be watching for this bad boy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrVgvTgyUs8

2. CZK macrumors 6502a

Yeah saw this like 2 hours ago and it will get it for sure.

Seems promising.

3. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

:eek: Just when I thought it couldn't get any better..

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

What's sad is that Apple crippled Voice Control so much that this is needed.

Props to chpwn though. I'm totally interested.

5. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Looks pretty solid, especially the ability to add your own VC.

6. labman thread starter macrumors 604

labman

coolest part is I might be able to actually use voice control now. instead of asking it to play a song and voice control then says dialing ex-wife! :eek:

7. labman thread starter macrumors 604

labman

It's live in Cydia $4.99 honestly I hesitated. but then said what the heck I really like it. I can now open my favorite apps and websites via voice control. I'm fine with $5 for this App! well worth it to me.

8. dhy8386 macrumors 6502a

My biggest problem is that voicecontrol takes so damn long to activate. Is there any way to have it activate faster by using activator or something else.

9. edlo83 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I've set voice control to activate after double tapping the status bar, works perfect.

10. dhy8386 macrumors 6502a

indeed....

Makes the app a hell of a lot more useful.

11. vega07 macrumors 65816

I don't understand the point of this app yet. It's much faster to open your apps, open websites, etc. manually. And it's not yet useful in the car because you shouldn't be doing these things while driving anyway.

12. dhy8386 macrumors 6502a

Wow. I just bought this and you have no idea. If you are staring at your homescreen, sure its faster to open the app and click on it. But check it.

To start, first thing you do is assign voice control to a different button (or short hold the home button). Activates it almost instantly. Second, i plug in all my favorite webpages.

Example: Phone is in pocket. I want to visit ESPN.com to see the latest packers news. Pull phone out, and while its still locked, hold down volume down (that is what i mapped voice control to), say "ESPN". Phone opens my default browser and goes to ESPN (although i am not using a passcode so YMMV). F**KIN T!TS.

That is why this rocks.

13. TJone macrumors 6502a

I bought this and it is totally worth it. It works flawlessly and makes a big improvement to iOS voice control. I am also happy to support chpwn.

14. mytakeontech macrumors 6502a

I think I found on issue. May not be caused by VoiceActivator....

See my this thread to understand the issue...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1086479&highlight=

Only difference is Voice Control takes over the audio control here.

Steps:

(You need to add these commands).

1. Say Pandora to play Pandora.
    2. While Pandora is playing again activate VC and say any other command e.g. Sleep/Lock etc.
    3. VC starts takes over the audio control and after executing the command does not give it back to Pandora and Pandora stops playing.
    4. If you look at the iPod/Music controls in the switcher, you will see that the controls are greyed out!!!
    5. Now again launch the VC and say "Play", you will hear the feedback "Music is already playing" even though the music is not playing....weird!!!

Anyone of you has this issue?

Now sure this iOS 4.2.1 bug or Reds0w beta6 bug but this is annoying!!

15. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Maybe Apple crippled voice control for a reason. If this encourages anyone to use it more while driving and a serious accident results there could be all types of law suits flying around.

Hope chpwn has good liability insurance.

16. dhy8386 macrumors 6502a

Curious how people are using the Speak action. I dont understand its utility.

17. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I'm curious too. While I really value, and bought, nearly all of chpwn's apps, I'm curious to know what benefit this one really has. Yes,it is cool and I'm sure it'll be useful is certain situations however, do you really want to be "that" guy/gal that's talking at his phone while out and about...in public? That would make those people walking around yappin' indiscriminately on their BT headsets seem normal by comparison.

18. mytakeontech macrumors 6502a

I think this is safer than the way ppl currently use iPhone!

Set voice activator for "Shake iPhone" action....you don't even have to look at your iPhone!

19. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

This looks cool, but I'm not sure I would really use it. I wish it had an option to compose and send a text message through voice like on an Android phone.

20. labman thread starter macrumors 604

labman

I love this app voice control is actully doing what I ask it too. I can have it in my pocket and press my mike on my headphones. Then say mail it's already open when I pull it out. Just neat to have it do what it should. Instead of play music then voice control says calling your etc. It just handy at times. I think like anything people need to use common sense.

21. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

So far, I am unimpressed. Yes it can open web sites without typing but I can do that and far far more with vlingo. I can say search and then the web site or item and it opens directly to where I want to go, not a page that i have to manually type data.

vlingo also allows me to directly update facebook, create an email and directly type my text message and present for review so that all I have to do is hit send.

Based on the advertising, I assumed that VoiceActivator would do these things AND allow me to quickly open up web pages or apps.

As it stands right now, the only thing that voice activator has done for me is help me dispose of my web apps folder because I can verbally open them now. I hope that better things are to come with what I had hoped would be a super app but as of now...vlingo still sits on my home screen to take care of my verbal texting, searching, emailing, mapping, voice dialing, and social updating.:(

22. i11i1i macrumors regular

FYI...does not work on 4.1

Just downloaded VA and my phone has been re-springing randomly for the last 30 minutes. It happens during phone calls...the line will cut out for five seconds and then return, uninterrupted. ****ing strange.

I also keep getting No SIM messages which force me to reboot the phone.

Major issues with this tweak, I don't recommend downloading it until it's fixed.