Chris Hansen Caught Cheating on Wife- On Tape

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by rdowns, Jun 29, 2011.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Schmuck didn't watch his own show?

Hidden camera link :)

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I hope he didn't send any e-mails to her that said "I want to blank your blank. And then you can blank my blank. It's a full 10 inches, you will love it. And we will blank all night long."

3. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Hey, at least she was 30 and not 16. :)

I wonder if anyone asked him to have a seat right over there.

4. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

What comes around... just bit Chris Hanson in the ass! If you live by the sword, someone's gonna tape you cheating on your wife. Idiot. :D

5. Love macrumors 68000

Love

6. Surely Guest

Surely

Except he was going after pedophiles on his show.

These are consenting adults.

FTR, I'm not defending him, I think he's a douche for cheating on his wife. I just don't think you can compare what the people he caught on his show were trying to do with what he did.

7. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

A thread for this? Such a puritanical society.... :eek:

8. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I agree. He's an idiot for cheating on his wife, but the guys that were busted on To Catch A Predator were criminals. There's a big difference. BIG.

9. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

C'mon. His Holier-Than-Thou "gotcha" style of journalism was used against him. He didn't just go after pedophiles, either. He went after garage door repairmen, bike thieves and anybody else he thought was scum. Guess somebody thought the same of him.

10. Surely Guest

Surely

I think it's fair to say that he was holier than pedophiles, shady garage door repairmen, and bike thieves, no?

Why was he scum?:confused: Now, quite possibly. Back then, not so much.

I think his To Catch A Predator show was a good thing- I'm sure it opened the eyes of many people/parents/kids to how dangerous the internets could be.

11. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Yeah, I don't get how it's "gotcha" journalism. These people willingly chatted with the undercover investigators, and willingly drove to the house with the intent to screw an underage girl. How is that gotcha journalism?

12. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

It is really more entrapment than journalism. Sure these guys have to know better than to willing try to have sex with a 15 year old girl and also might find it suspicious when they pull up to the house and see a shady van out front. I guess it is just an impulse that they can't control. The same as Hanson. I just hope he didn't bring his date beer.:p

13. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

How is it entrapment? They willingly did what they did, no one forced them to.

After enough episodes of those, you'd think these creeps would know that when you walk in and hear a girl say from another room "I'll be right there, I have to get my laundry. I put some cookies and lemonade on the kitchen table for you!" that they should turn around and run :D

14. d4rkc4sm macrumors 6502

d4rkc4sm

15. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Well, he's certainly far from the first journalist to do those types of undercover investigations. I recall a few specials with shady mechanics and home repair companies as well. All of the people caught up in those stories were criminals though.

It's definitely wrong that he cheated on his wife...but with those specials they were going after criminals. So, I just don't believe we're comparing apples to apples here.

16. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Unless these guys had sex with the who they thought 15 year old girl they are not criminals. Creepy scum yes but they can't be charged with anything.

17. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

It is a crime to do what they did, and they were charged and prosecuted. I forgot the exact charge, something about lewd conduct with a minor or something like that.

IMO it's no different than undercover prostitution stings. Well, perhaps the only difference is prostitution should be legal.

18. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I thought most of the charges were dropped because of how NBC went about doing the sting.

19. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Have you ever seen the show? They were absolutely charged and many were convicted and sentenced to prison.

In many of the states just having the conversation and driving to the homes with the intent to have sexual relations is a crime. Not to mention the number of guys who sent lewd pictures to the "undercover" minor.

OOPS--yg17 beat me to it.

There were instances where the charges were dropped, but many more actually led to convictions. And I know that Perverted Justice (the group the show was working with) claims that their work has led to hundreds of convictions.

20. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

A lot of police departments will have people that just sit in chat rooms all day finding these people and lure them to a location. The difference from what Dateline did is that they do it by the book. Dateline was just as much about entertainment and ratings then actual law enforcement. A lot of cops don't like the way NBC went about doing their sting.

21. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I'm sorry, I immediately take this with an enormous grain of salt because it is published by the National Enquirer. These are the people who keep publishing evidence of the end of the world, bigfoot sightings, Obama being a muslim, and alien encounters. I swear I saw a cover that said "Gay Aliens Found In Crashed Space-Ship" once.

22. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

To be fair the Enquirer as well as TMZ have been better reporting sources than the big outlets lately.

23. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Yes and no. I think what he has done in exposing pedophiles is great. He's a dumbass for cheating but he didn't cheat on her with a child. 20 years his junior does not make him a pedophile. He a somewhat attractive 50-ish year old man. If he weren't married dudes would be high-fiving him ... well some likely are.

24. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Oh I believe that the cops didn't appreciate that they probably had to do things the way the production staff wanted them to. But the fact remains that the show led to arrests and convictions those police departments wouldn't have had otherwise.

25. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Departments do this all the time on their own, they don't want Dateline getting in the way ruining their investigations. Dateline's only reason for doing this was ratings not law enforcement.