Chris Moyles gets an iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by applemax, Nov 9, 2007.

1. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

Just heard on Radio 1 - hand delivered by Apple people. Nice. :D

2. Jarcrew macrumors 6502

Jarcrew

Yeah, to be fair, if I wanted to get some good press for my product, I'd first and foremost ensure that the country's most talentless loudmouth fatso got his rotund mitts on one.

Now all they have to do is get Richard Littlejohn and Jeremy Clarkson theirs and they've hit the full triumvirate of loudmouth tossers.

3. alFR macrumors 68020

Too important to stand and queue like everyone else, is he? Git.

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

^ I like Clarkson and Moyles :p

Littlejohn is a twunt though.

5. Jarcrew macrumors 6502

Jarcrew

I'd imagine Apple got him one so that he wouldn't eat half the queue within ten minutes of getting there.

6. merlinmagician macrumors member

Haven't listened to Moyles in years. Can't stand him so up his own backside.

Jezzer is funny because he is opinionated and loud mouthed plus he doesn't care what other people think. I am sure if you went into a pub you could have drink with Jezzer. Moyles would have an entourage of people making sure you didn't get near his lard-ass.

7. danielforman macrumors regular

Clarkson has already got an iPhone. He did a piece about it in his Sun column last saturday and said he usually struggles to operate most mobile phones but when he used the iPhone he could not believe how simple it is to use and is very happy with it.

I think Jeremy Clarkson and Chris Moyles are great. Jezza tells it how it is and Moyles is funny and doesn't care about crossing the line when he's on radio 1.

8. Cloudane macrumors 68000

Cloudane

Can't stand Moyles. So far up his own arse he can probably see the feast he had for breakfast. All this does is give ammunition to the people who say iPhone/iPod owners are t**ts :rolleyes:

Clarkson's great :D

9. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Surprising how many people seem to hate him, given that he pulls in ~8m listeners everyday. ah well, I think he's funny.

Good move on Apple's part. Millions told about it in an instant.

10. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

When I was 16 - I thought he was funny. Now he's just a fat idiot.

11. applemax thread starter macrumors 65816

applemax

Doesn't make him a bad person though, does it? He has nearly 1 a sixth of the UK listening every morning to him. From the BBC's view, he's the best thing they've ever invested in.

As for Clarkson, - great. Did anyone see him in that little car driving around TV Centre? Pure class. :D

12. thefunkymunky macrumors 65816

We have to pay his salary though, over half a million a year, instead of the licence fee going to some decent BBC programming instead of repeats.:rolleyes:

13. applemax thread starter macrumors 65816

applemax

Well, we don't know that he is paid that, but, yes, I share your view here. What are your views on Jonathan Ross? He gets 40% more than Moyles.

14. Cloudane macrumors 68000

Cloudane

Yeah I don't know what it is about Moyles. You either love him or hate him... the latter for me but I can't put my finger on why, just for some reason there's this intense desire to punch him in the face :p

Same with Clarkson really... I think he's great, he tells things as they are and doesn't bother with all the political correctness rubbish that usually plagues the BBC. However a lot of people are outraged at him (especially when he illegally lights up a "Porsche pipe" :D)

15. john_satc macrumors 6502

An iPhone today, and on yesterdays show he was showing of his 'iTouch' as he named it. Funny guy tho.

16. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

Ross is funny. Moyles is common and oafish. I am not bothered about what they're paid.

I think you'll find people that drive often put the raido on. That's where this 1 in 6 stat comes from. It's a useless stat (as usual).

17. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

I can't believe people actually care about that. What a bunch of losers. They're watching the wrong programme and have too much time on their hands to send an email/letter in to complain.

18. Cloudane macrumors 68000

Cloudane

Agreed. It's supposed to be funny, very tongue-in-cheek. Thankfully some of the high-up bods at the BBC agree, so it's all good despite numerous calls for the axe :D

Usual old biddy syndrome isn't it, a lot of them just get very angry in their old age and have nothing better to do. (before anyone kills me, my tongue is held in cheek here too)

19. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

It is funny because of the way Clarkson and the chaps then mention it and mock it completely. I love Top Gear. Car exhaust is more pollutant than cigarette smoke... does that mean cars cannot be on in the studio either? (inhalation of combustion products). :rolleyes:

20. Roseyboy macrumors member

So, Chris Moyles is very spoken.. like him or not, don't say its because he is fat. thats just not nice or needed, there might be people worried about their weight on this forum, maybe a little bit of thinking might help some of you before you make comments that could offend. :(

21. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

Sorry if I offended anyone with weight issues on the forum. It is part of the package that makes Moyles such an oaf though. I know some nice fat people too. It seems being fat is almost taboo around here...

22. calculus Guest

calculus

I could not agree more. Why on earth anyone pays these people for what they do is utterly beyond me ...

23. Jarcrew macrumors 6502

Jarcrew

Thing is, Moyles has contributed precisely nothing of his own to this world - from Wikipedia:

"Hilarious."

Give me Charlie Brooker over this waddling waste of carbon any day, even if he does hate Macs.

24. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Ross I have time for... Clarkson is a right-wing, middle-classed libertarian oaf based on the columns of his I do bother reading. Of course, that's just me telling it how it is...

25. mpw Guest

Or because he'd mention it on the highest rating breakfast show in the UK?

He can be annoying and up himself, but he's no idiot. He knows his field inside out, and he's a pretty intelligent guy, he just seems to play the loud mouth fool as his 'stage act'. I can think of half a million reasons why I'd play the fool too given the chance.

His Director of Comedy however IS an idiot.