Christmas List

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by HE15MAN, Nov 25, 2010.

1. HE15MAN macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

Is anyone else having an impossible time trying to find things they want for Christmas? Everything I want is either $600+, or doesnt make sense because we are moving within the next year

2. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

I honestly have no idea what I want for Christmas. Nothing interests me that I don't currently have. Maybe a new iPhone case.

3. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I get bugged by my mom and some other people every year and I generally do not have a clue. Nice thing is there is at least a safe list of things always safe to get me. Now my GF does not even ask me any more. People ask her what some good ideas are. It is scary but she knows me better than myself and I have turn to her more than once and ask the question "Would I like this?" and I go with what ever her answer is. The answer is based on her knowing me and knowing if I would regret it after the new factor wore off.

Now something I did one year and something I should start again is just keep a running list of things I want and just edit it over time. Just it was annoying to keep up dated but it made giving out a list when requested a lot easier because it was a running thing.

4. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

I typically just ask for money because usually i don't have anything i want very badly or at least anything i think is worth buying. Usually i just save up and buy something big (Ex. $3,000 HDTV was last years purchase.)

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I don't know what's wrong with you guys, I know exactly what I want:

6. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Luckily for me there are a few things I held off getting because I needed something for my Christmas list. I get bugged by my wife and family as well. Some albums, a garage door silencing kit and an Apple Composite Connection Kit. Nothing exciting and things I could've bought myself but hey, that's the life of a father. At least I probably won't get any ties!

7. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Well my BF and I have decided on $75 limit for each other. No lists... just taking what we have learned from each other over the past few months and see what we can learn from them...

I may be at a disadvantage since he has a mind like a steel trap. LOL

Learned that lesson a couple months back when he surprised me with a crock-pot. May sound like a strange first "real" gift - but we both are trying to eat better and are not great cooks. But we share in cooking, and me with the "flair" for the crock-pot cooking thing - I fix us meals for the week. And it is something we are sharing in.... But he remembered my mentioning a crock-pot as a way for us to save money eating out and eat more healthy.

The disadvantage for me is that I see small techie stuff all the time that I share with with him. Damn divice.com LOL And it seems that remembers it all!! :eek: But in the end I know that I will end up surprised anyhow. Won't say to much on what I have shared - just in case he has signed on to MR.

He is a Mac guy also... we even bought MBA's together the first weekend they were out - him the 11" and me the 13"... And me anything doing with photo gear would be a hit... But he is a bit more subdued in geekdome.

Add to this, his birthday is on 12/19 - think we have agreed to $75 limit for the 19th and the 25th each.... so $150 for that week :) But I have been given a free pass as to how I can celebrate his birthday on the 19th - won't over do it though.... we are both not money bags either.

We are looking for it seems for gifts from the heart. Which can make it hard to do at times. In particular for someone like him that loves music, TV, and movies... and me the small tech toys as I mentioned.

I will have to let you all know if I succeeded - I know he will have (the cat is out of the bag on one of his for me) - a Zippo lighter... long story on how that came out of the bag - but I also have the same for him as well...

Two of the gifts so for either of the days are heartfelt in our own ways.. like his giving me a crock-pot. The other two are works in progress. And while a portion of it is based on what I bought - some of it is what I am working on from my heart at the same time.... Still under the $150 limit for both days....

But tempted to ask him if we can amend the rules we have set for each other - found something in the $100 to $150 range that I think is just so perfect. :) That would up the anti to close to $200 for his birthday and $75 for Christmas....

8. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

• Karen Gillan
    • Scotland
    • Porsche 911
    • A time machine
    • Google

That will be all for this year.

9. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Nice. :D

Arrest me, whip me, beat me.

Attached Files:

10. HE15MAN thread starter macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

Consider me unimpressed from that shot..

11. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

:p

Others are better, but it was selected because it shows how roadbloc came to know of her.

She was new to me, but a Lassie with red hair is always a welcome sight.

12. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

What I would have originally wanted was a laptop and a new 3.5" iOS device.
    I got my computer in July, and I'm pretty happy with my iPhone. Other than that, there is absolutely nothing I want

I'm just going to ask for money.

13. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

More for me then. :p

14. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm of the age, that Christmas is no longer about me.

I'm asking my children what they want. Their needs/wants supersede my wants.

15. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

My phone is kind of in urgent need of upgrading, shall we say...not just because it's out of date (like 4 years out of date) but I think it's also been dropped too many times...

16. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

17. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Then roll the dice. ;)

18. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

My Christmas list is never very big, nor is it exciting. I'd really like a digital camera that's small and compact. I'd like something that I can throw in my purse and not notice any extra weight or bulk.

I'd also like a copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2, and perhaps a Magic Mouse.

19. 184550 Guest

FWIW, there's already a thread for this that was started back in October. Complete with pictures.

20. alelogman macrumors newbie

I joined the forum clueless on my Christmas wish list and now I got plenty. Thanks for the brilliant ideas folks. I think I'll buy myself either a Stinger exhaust if not Nook e-reader 1.5.

21. yankintx macrumors 6502

Ditto here. Bought both my sons new Imacs

I still have a younger one that believes in the man in the red suit, so Christmas is still fun in my house.
    The 2 twin teens look at it as a break from school and a chance to score some cash from relatives.

For me it's all about God, Family, and fortunately good health.. so far....

22. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Hmm I asked for bowl scrapers.. I'm exciting like that. I should have asked for a maid.

23. det2004 macrumors 6502

I also had problems coming up with my Christmas list. There weren't very many things that I really wanted that weren't super expensive. I used to ask for some video games every year, but lately I have had zero time to do anything other than work/classwork.

24. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

Actually just asked for cash, but got NHL 11' and a new ps3 controller that I know of for sure (thank you Amazon wishlist).

I'm thinking about buying Redskins season tickets with any cash I get, since I just got the letter in the mail saying I'm eligible to buy after 10 years on their waiting list. As much as I hate this team at the moment, this is something I could pass onto my children some day, and have a blast tailgating with some friends the next few seasons.