Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaben3421

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2011
CA
Hey everyone,
Yesterday my dog decided to come join me on my couch, and being a dog who drools a lot, shook her head and some spit landed on my screen leaving little dots everywhere that I can't get off. It is driving me insane. Does anyone know of the best way to clean the rMBP screens? I'm a afraid to put water on my screen to clean it because it always streaks afterwards. Thanks for any help.

redkamel

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2006
Hey everyone,
Yesterday my dog decided to come join me on my couch, and being a dog who drools a lot, shook her head and some spit landed on my screen leaving little dots everywhere that I can't get off. It is driving me insane. Does anyone know of the best way to clean the rMBP screens? I'm a afraid to put water on my screen to clean it because it always streaks afterwards. Thanks for any help.

There are probably numerous threads about this.

I use camera lens cleaning solutions and a microfiber cloth. Works very well. I figure if it the chemical won't damage multicoated lenses, it won't damage the glass over my MBP. Never had a problem with MF cloths either.

If you are very protective of your screen they sell single use camera lens cleaning wipes that also would probably work great and a pack of 10 or 20 could last a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.