Cleaning the Apple case?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ijen0311, Apr 15, 2010.

1. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

Am I the only person who can't keep this thing clean? It picks up dust and dirt from everything, and it doesn't wipe off easily with water. Does anyone have some tips that I'm missing?

2. undrpsi macrumors regular

3. ijen0311 thread starter macrumors 65816

ijen0311

That does nothing at all... :eek:

4. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

Having the same problem and have no solution interested to see what others come up with.

5. nippyjun macrumors 65816

6. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Looks like you can put it in the washer machine

7. jedolley macrumors 68000

Ive used a cheap LCD cleaning spray with a microfiber cloth and it worked fine. I'm pretty sure most cleaning solutions (non heavy duty) should be ok.

8. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

I've been using Turtle Wax Upholstery Cleaner. The same one you would use to clean car seats or whatever.

Same type of bottle as the one in that link, but the one I got is for auto. Actually purchased it for my car but gave it a try and it worked out good. Been using it for over a week as needed. Actually just used a few minutes ago.

Gets it back to looking new and as it's foam doesn't really get it wet.

9. kirchnrd macrumors 6502

kirchnrd

This is why I have been hesitant to spend $40 on it. Been going "naked" for two weeks, makes me nervous, but like how it works outside of a case. What to do, what to do? :confused:

10. lilboarder32 macrumors newbie

I don't have my iPad yet, but I feel close to the same way. I have read a lot of mixed reviews about the apple case, and the two things that stick out to me are the price, and the fact it gets dirty. I don't really want to have a regular cleaning session of the case, so I don't think I will end up getting the official case, although I really want to.

11. andrewb21 macrumors member

I have been using the iPad case as well and it does get dirty really easily. The way I've been cleaning it is by rubbing the spots with my finger, with enough friction it rubs off pretty easily. Not incredibly efficient though...

Not a huge fan of the case overall, and if I didn't need it to prop up iPad for typing, i'd just return it and get a sleeve. Bah! Hate feeling restricted to an accessory.

12. Dorkington macrumors 6502a

I bet a dilluted mixture of Simple Green will work fine...

13. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

Prior to putting the iPad in the case I sprayed it with sneaker repellent. This keeps the dust and water off of it. It's a lot easier to clean now.

14. malanius macrumors newbie

I wear glasses and have found that my glasses cleaning cloth works just fine to clean it up. and since I've always got that on me for my glasses it's a win.

15. baxtr macrumors newbie

16. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

But does it keep the sneakers away?

17. Pared macrumors 65816

Best thing you can do is buy a case for the Apple case. That way it doesn't get scratched.

They also sell Invisible Shields for the Apple Case so it doesn't get messed up. But I would get a Shield for the case that way you can put it in a case so it doesn't mess up the look of the naked case.

18. jeff323 macrumors member

I've tried 3 or so different cases for my Apple Case but they seem to pick up dirt easily. What is the best way to clean them?

19. epoche macrumors newbie

epoche

Oh I have had jam on back of Apple case from eating bread and jam-and handling case with sticky fingers. Damp wash cloth and dry towel works fine.

20. ARH1956 macrumors 6502

Hint: Remove your iPad first.

21. Westin macrumors regular

I stick mine under a sink and run it with a wash cloth. Then let it dry. Works well

22. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

23. h3nG macrumors member

Lol...WTF? A case for your case?

I wished they had used leather instead of the microsuede material.

24. Dapper macrumors member

Any mild diluted detergent "Dawn" should be fine. Surprised that you are unable to clean with MF alone.