Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

epi117

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2010
I get these eye glass cleaning solutions from costco (free lifetime refills) spray and wipe with a soft cloth.

Tuta

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2007
What is the stuff they use in the Apple Stores to clean the iPad?

jtara

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2009
I get these eye glass cleaning solutions from costco (free lifetime refills) spray and wipe with a soft cloth.

The eyeglass cleaning solution is essentially purified water and a VERY small amount of a "wetting agent". Dish soap is an inexpensive wetting agent found in a typical household.

If you want to go pro, a bottle of Kodak Photo Flo 2100 would make a tanker-trunk or two of this...

HengenJL

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2007
Rochester, NY
I use a dry clean microfiber cloth to clean my iPad screen. I've got a larger sized microfiber cloth that I use, that way I can fold it into sections.

Nova69

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2007
Cleaning cloth

I find that a microfiber cloth intended for cleaning camera lenses works fine with no need for any cleaning solutions. If necessary, I just fog up the screen with my breath.

techkidd4400

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2007
Maybe it goes without saying, but whatever you do don't forget to scotch guard it. Also, in a pinch, a little saliva will do the trick unless you have food in your mouth.

djrobsd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2008
At work we have these little Lens/Screen wipes that the First Aid guy brings when he refills the first aid kit. The description is "Isopropryl Alcohol designed specifically for use on plastic, polycarbonate, glass lenses and computer CRT/LCD screens. Contains NO silicone"

I'm assuming this is safe for the iPad. I've been cleaning my iphone with it for a while with no issues, although my iphone did get scratched, probably not from cleaning.

My question is, should we blow the screen off first with compressed air before wiping? It seems if you had some granules stuck to the screen and you WIPED them, they might scratch the screen... but who knows.

I'm kinda ticked that my iphone is scratched, #1 because I hate screen protectors they bubble up and are so ugly, and #2 because everyone was telling me "it's ok just don't put any change or keys in your pocket and you will never get scratched". WTFE.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.