Clear all content on unlocked 3gs - 4.0.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by az988, Oct 11, 2010.

1. az988 macrumors member

I have a jailbroken/unlocked 3gs running on 4.0.1 (installed using snowbreeze custom firmware). I don't have any of the SHSH blobs for the phone... Based on what I've been reading here, I cannot restore to 4.1 and maintain the unlockable baseband until a new pwnagetool comes out.

Any suggestions on how to remove all content on my iphone without having to do a full restore though itunes? I need to resell it ASAP, and my initial plan is to go through and delete everything manually...

Thanks!

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Have you tried restoring your iPhone using 4.0.1 software? Then all you have to do is go to jailbreakme.com and re-jailbreak.

Or you could go to General > Reset then select your best option.

3. az988 thread starter macrumors member

Will iTunes let me do that without the SHSH blob? I didn't think it would, and going to 'General --> Reset --> Erase all content and settings' puts the phone in an unusable state.

Thanks!

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

You could unsync all your stuff, then hit "Erase all settings". That would eliminate everything manually and still the phone in a useable state.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you do that and without shsh's for 4.0.1 you will be stuck restoring to 4.1 and losing the unlock.
    See if you can sync with another library so it will erase all your stuff on it and delete other things manually on it.

6. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

:rolleyes:
    Don't give advice to people if you don't know what you're talking about or you didn't even read what the OP said.

You definitely cannot do this.

You can't restore and keep the unlock until pwnage tool comes out. Your only other option is manual deletion of everything.

You should have allowed cydia to "make your life easier" and auto cache your blobs for subsequent versions. Too late I suppose. You're sure they're not cached at cydia? You can try requesting 4.0.1 blobs in tiny umbrella and check if cydia has them even if they're not on your computer.

7. az988 thread starter macrumors member

Great idea! Thanks a lot!!

8. az988 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, unfortunately I hit 'no' to the 'make your life easier' prompt before I even knew what it meant (don't ask me why :p).

Good point, I'll see if tiny umbrella can grab them. Thanks!

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Unfortunately the only shsh's TU can grab for you now is 4.1 but its still good to start saving them.
    Maybe they will help the next owner;)

10. az988 thread starter macrumors member

Haha, right on. And I made sure to save my iphone 4 shsh in both TU and Cydia!