iPad Pro Clear all notifications in iOS 10

Discussion in 'iPad' started by eagleglen, Sep 24, 2016.

1. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

Is there away to clear all the notifications in the Notification Center the way you can on an iPhone with 3D Touch. Long pressing the X doesn't seem to do anything, where on the iPhone with 3D Touch, pressing the x makes a Cear All Notifications option appear. Otherwise you still have to clear them one day at a time, the way it was done on iOS 9.

2. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

3. Wackery macrumors 6502a

Does anyone know how to quick reply to an imessage from the lock screen?

4. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Looks like there is no non-force touch alternative to clear all notifications.

5. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

I think a long touch during iOS beta caused an all clear notification to pop up. Not 100% sure.

6. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Now it just does not work.

7. HighTechToid macrumors member

HighTechToid

I don't have a way to test this myself, but I thought I read that only the iPad pro WITH the apple pencil could technically do this because the pencil supports pressure.

8. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Dint think so. Just tried with pencil.

9. eagleglen thread starter macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

I guess it was inevitable, and also smart, for Apple to begin introducing features that are only accessible by 3D Trouch. It drives sales to the newer phones. But to exclude the flagship iPad too, only frustrates users because there isn't a consistent experience. Particularly in this case, where a simple long touch could achieve the same result.

10. Beavix macrumors 6502a

Beavix

11. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

And it will probably impact iPad sales too. I'm so used to using 3D Touch features on my 6s+, it's very frustrating to pick up my Air 1 and not be able to do any of that stuff. It feels like trying to tap on the dumb non-touchscreen of a Mac.

12. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

This wouldn't even be an issue for me if Apple wouldn't have removed the ability to group notifications by app. I didn't realize that was missing until a couple of days after I updated all of my devices and it was too late. I was pretty annoyed by that.

13. jamesrick80 macrumors 68020

jamesrick80

What do you do with 3D touch that's so convenient..in reality is still unnecessary and has limited uses.....a dedicated right click in my opinion.....as long as I can hold my finger down and options come up....there is no need for it. The iPad notification drop down menu should let us clear all notifications by holding down our finger and a option menu should pop up...no need for 3d touch to implement this....