Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steven Jackson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 8, 2006
Lincoln, U.K.
I received a call earlier this afternoon and tried to answer on my Apple Watch. The signal wasn't very good, so we quickly ended the call.

The original call registered on my Mac (FaceTime app), my iPhone, and my Apple Watch...

I have cleared recent calls on my Mac and my iPhone. I can still see the recent call on the watch.

So... how does one clear recent calls on the Apple Watch???

Cheers,

Steve

leesweet

macrumors demi-god
Feb 1, 2009
Northern Virginia, USA
I've not tried this for this case: 'Things' sync when the AW is on the charger. That may or may not apply here. I'd try putting it on the charger and see if the recent calls sync up with your iPhone.

ohio.emt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Ohio
I just tried clearing a recent call on my phone and it then was cleared on my:apple: watch. Seems that the watch's phone app just grabs the recent call list from the phone.
Same here I had a big long list on my watch and iPhone, some I didn't even have my watch when I got the call. Cleared them on the iPhone and all but one cleared from the watch.

dedufour41

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2015
New York
I cleared all calls on my phone but they're all still there on the watch??? Does it take a while? Do you have to shut down the watch and/or phone first?

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
I cleared all calls on my phone but they're all still there on the watch??? Does it take a while? Do you have to shut down the watch and/or phone first?

Someone mentioned a few posts back, that things sync when the Watch is on charge-have you put it on charge since you cleared the call lists on your phone?

juwttt

macrumors member
May 8, 2015
After I cleared recent phone calls on my phone, it went away on the watch. However, I did the same thing for messages and it is still on the watch. Maybe it has to sync or something, I am not sure.

Steven Jackson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 8, 2006
Lincoln, U.K.
I'm pretty sure the charger thing is a red herring. I always clear recent calls on my phone, and they're still there one the watch weeks later. I shut down both phone and watch every day and both are charged daily, too.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I just did an experiment. I looked at my recent calls list on my watch, then deleted one on my phone. I immediately went back to the watch and looked at the recent calls list. It had been deleted. No special sync process required.

Reactions: haruhiko

AbeFrohman

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
I don't have mine yet, so can't experiment, but does it matter where the call originated from or where you answered it?

juwttt

macrumors member
May 8, 2015
Fair enough, but I have zero recent calls on my phone and two recent calls on my watch. Clearing calls on the phone does not get rid of them...

My call logs do sync between iPhone and watch but I deleted some of my messages on my phone and they are still on the watch. I even rebooted the watch as well, does not seem to help. Anyone have other ideas?

ulinerg

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2014
Ottawa, Canada
My call logs do sync between iPhone and watch but I deleted some of my messages on my phone and they are still on the watch. I even rebooted the watch as well, does not seem to help. Anyone have other ideas?
It is strange that it doesn't work on your watch. I just opened the recent call screens on both the phone and watch, then deleted numbers on the phone. I can then see the numbers being deleted on the watch.

Reactions: ladytonya

juwttt

macrumors member
May 8, 2015
It is strange that it doesn't work on your watch. I just opened the recent call screens on both the phone and watch, then deleted numbers on the phone. I can then see the numbers being deleted on the watch.

Yeah, my recent calls delete fine, it is my messages that stay on my watch. Does that happen to you?

ulinerg

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2014
Ottawa, Canada
Yeah, my recent calls delete fine, it is my messages that stay on my watch. Does that happen to you?
Your right messages do stay on the watch.
I tried it both ways. Deleted a message on the phone and it stayed on the watch. Deleted a message on the watch and it stayed on the phone.

Strange behavior.

juwttt

macrumors member
May 8, 2015
Your right messages do stay on the watch.
I tried it both ways. Deleted a message on the phone and it stayed on the watch. Deleted a message on the watch and it stayed on the phone.

Strange behavior.

Yeah, hopefully Apple will fix in the next update

Wmwelch

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2015
Under notifications, just swiped to the left for messages or calls on the watch and hit clear.

Wendy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.