Clear recent documents in Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wordoflife, Jul 22, 2011.

1. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Does anyone know how to clear the recent document list in Lion when you click and hold on an application icon?

I can provide a screen cap if necessary but I think you guys know what I'm talking about.

And yes, I did go to preferences > general and disabled the recent items list to "none". Although nothing shows up when I'm in the application's File > recent items list .... stuff still shows up when I click and hold an application in the dock

2. wordoflife thread starter macrumors 604

wordoflife

Figured it out.
    Well actually, it just fixed it self. I assume the setting under Sys. Preferences > general works. It just took sometime (and a few reboots) to fix itself.

I just turned off the feature for documents since I don't like previous documents showing up. Mainly because a lot of them are saved on the server or removable storage so they don't exactly open up when clicked.

3. blackcyborg macrumors newbie

Please save the document and close it before you quit the application. When you re open the application, it will direct you to a blank/new document. Hope this is what you mean. Regards.