Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
"on a daily basis"

Really annoys me for some reason. I guess because it's so unnecessary. Can't think for themselves and just say "daily".

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
I HATE people that say "Well, that's just your opinion"

You know when you are debating something, and you say (example) "I don't like it when its cloudy", and someone else says "thats just your opinion".

Its like, no **** sherlock, I just said it. Who else's opinion would it be? People only say that so that they feel better about themselves, and reinstate their opinion by saying it.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
I really hate this one....

"...as we know it"

The world will stop its existance "...as we know it"
The world will never be the same "...as we know it"

I mean, to give importance to anything that doesn't you will have to add that what we know woldn't be there IF a particular event happens.

But that prhase have been so over used in every single program in the discovery channel, start treek and even soap tv comertials! not to mention in the news just to make the cheap story more dramatic. cheeeeeeseeeeee.

mojohanna

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Cleveland
"stepping over dollars to pick up pennies"
"at the end of the day"
"where you at?"
"I seen him yesterday"
(ok last two are grammatical, but none the less a major source of angst)

I swear, if I continue to hear these at work, I am going to hire a disgrunteled postal worker!!!

mercuryjones

macrumors 6502a
May 31, 2005
College Station, TX
"Jumped the shark"

As in the extra special Happy Days episode, where Fonzie actually jumped a shark in his leather jacket. It's come to mean a point where something (tv show, conversation, ect) has gone outside the realm of believability.

Makes me sick to hear people reguritate it whenever a show doesn't go int he direction they want..."Lost has jumped the shark..."

also, "that's hot". Screw Paris Hilton, and I don't mean in a nightvision video camera type of way :)

Kobushi

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
Right behind you.
me_94501 said:
I can't think of any single one that annoys me right now, but pretty much any cliché relating to reality TV tends to grate me. "Is that your final answer?" got old in a hurry...

yeah, that and "you're fired".

I see a few people don't like the "No offense,...." I'll add "I'm sorry, but......" to that list.

You're not sorry! If you realize you're sorry before you say something, don't say it! hmph :mad:

Seasought

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2005
Ok, this should be my last one, really irritates me when I hear it:

"Everything happens for a reason."

Equivocal to saying "I like pizza." Worthless.

wattage

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
"...this time in my life....." or stage in my life....

Before prison I would be pissed off if someone didn't put cheese on my burger, but at this stage in my life I'm ecstatic if Jed gives me a reach around!

Also what does 'uber' mean??

wattage

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
MacAztec said:

You know when you are debating something, and you say (example) "I don't like it when its cloudy", and someone else says "thats just your opinion".

I love using some cliches. There are a few that serve no purpose other than to shut someone up.

"Your begging the question"
"That's neither here nor there"

Love these in the right situation

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
MacAztec said:

Its like, no **** sherlock, I just said it. Who else's opinion would it be? People only say that so that they feel better about themselves, and reinstate their opinion by saying it.

I didn't know you were secretly Maddox. You forgot your picture

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=boiling_blood

Attachments

• opinion1.gif
    opinion1.gif
    13.8 KB · Views: 113

CorvusCamenarum

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2004
Birmingham, AL
Jaffa Cake said:
And bonus points if they pronounce it 'para-dig-um'... :rolleyes:

I know someone who does that. Sadly, they're related to me. In a like vein, I will never ever go again to an Italian restaurant with said someone, as the only time we went they expressed to the waiter that they did not care for any par-mee-zee-ann cheese on their entree.

wildflower

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2005
It's not my fault
Light and airy
I'm all...he's all...
You're one of those Mac people
any variations of the above :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.