Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
Original poster
May 16, 2008
OK, I'm having a "senior moment" here. I've searched because I could swear this has come up before, but I can't find it. Until today, clicking a link in Forum Spy would open that thread or user profile in a new tab in Safari, but would leave the Forum Spy thread as the active tab. Today, every time I click a thread or user name in Forum Spy, it opens in a new tab, but switches focus to that tab. I vaguely remember a setting somewhere to stop that behavior, but I can't find it. As always, I've logged out and back in, reset Safari, etc. before posting this. My relevant settings:
ScreenCap 5.PNG

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
OK, I'm having a "senior moment" here. I've searched because I could swear this has come up before, but I can't find it. Until today, clicking a link in Forum Spy would open that thread or user profile in a new tab in Safari, but would leave the Forum Spy thread as the active tab. Today, every time I click a thread or user name in Forum Spy, it opens in a new tab, but switches focus to that tab. I vaguely remember a setting somewhere to stop that behavior, but I can't find it. As always, I've logged out and back in, reset Safari, etc. before posting this. My relevant settings:

strange. We didn't change anything on our side.

arn

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
Original poster
May 16, 2008
strange. We didn't change anything on our side.

arn
After changing settings back and forth, saving changes, refreshing the Spy page, all multiple times, it's still doing the same thing. All other sites behave as they always did.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
That behavior has always been that way for me since I've been coming to MR. It happens on Safari, Firefox and Firefox for Windows in my experience. If you've had it different, you must have customized your browser in some manner.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.