Clicksor ads?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by benflick, May 11, 2009.

1. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Hey guys, recently I've been noticing more ads from Clicksor. These are the ads that find common searched terms on sites and link them. When the link is hovered over, a little pop-up comes up with random stuff that include the word linked. Also, while going from thread to thread (browsing the site) a page opens up that says Clocksor on it.
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks these are very annoying. Is there anything that the mods can do to block these ads? I have provided a screenshot below. Any other screenshots are appreciated.

EDIT: Sorry for the crap screenshot.

Attached Files:

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

hmm

not sure where they are coming from. we don't have those enabled.

What browser are you in?

arn

3. benflick thread starter macrumors 68020

benflick

I can't believe I'm like the only one who notices this! Just since clicking reply on this thread, a window has popped up twice. I don't think it's my computer, because these are the only windows that pop-up on any site.
    I use Safari 4 for Windows. This is the only site it's on for me.

4. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

Are they on every site you visit?

5. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Just as a note for mods watching this thread, this has never happened to me here at Mac Rumors, ever.

6. kcdstudios macrumors newbie

You're not alone!

This is probably my first mac "virus" if you will. I don't think this is related to clicksor, the spyware may just may be pushing them and collecting the money from clicks.

So aggravating though. I will post things as proof as they pop up.

A few things. I get those Clicksor ads everywhere, and it if browser independent. It is definitely on my macbook but not on my imac, the browsing experience is noticeably different.

MacScan couldn't find anything a month ago, i am running another one. will update.

7. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

No, it really isn't a virus as they don't exist for OSX. It's not a trojan either. It's an ad.