Resolved close thread

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Calidude, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calidude, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011

Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

3. Calidude thread starter macrumors 68000

Calidude

Tabbed Safari
    Unobtrusive Notifications
    A home page that displays whatever kind of information you want upon wakeup.
    Ability to toggle settings such as brightness, wifi, 3G with a quick tap.

If iOS5 can do all this in June, I'll be impressed.

4. DeeEss macrumors 6502a

close your eyes and imagine all the people posting about honeycomb, xoom, galaxy rah rah rah leaving the forums.

Bliss.

5. dadoftwogirls macrumors 6502

dadoftwogirls

It would suck. I want an Apple. Not an Android.

6. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

I don't like Android. There is nothing wrong with liking Android, but I don't like Android. So I would like my iPad to remain an iPad. The great thing about my way of thinking is, I can buy an iPad and be happy with my purchase, and you can buy an Android tablet, and be happy with yours. See everyone is happy.
    Incase I'm not being clear enough, I categorically do not want Android on an iPad.

7. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Close your eyes and imagine Android 3.0 Honeycomb on an iPad 2.

Request by OP: Close your eyes and imagine Android 3.0 Honeycomb on an iPad 2.

Answer: No

That's not imagination, it's called a nightmare.

8. Calidude thread starter macrumors 68000

Calidude

:rolleyes:
    Mmmmm, monopolism. Let's never discuss the competition. :rolleyes:

9. Tmacfan4321 macrumors regular

Man, I love the closed-mindedness of Apple fanboys. Only what Dear Leader SJ says is good is good, right? No deviations.

People need to realize that progress is a good thing. Apple should learn from what Google has done from a UI standpoint in HC and implement it in iOS 5.

10. PhoneI macrumors 65816

Crappy applications, inferior movie and music app, occasional lag. You just ruined my new iPad.

11. HelveticaNeue macrumors 6502a

HelveticaNeue

12. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Or trying too hard. It's as Steve said... 2011 will be the year of copycats. Android to the head of that line.

13. Davichi macrumors 6502

No. I don't want flash on iPad. It will kill the battery in 2 hours. Get that thing off from my iPad.

If I wanted Android OS, I would buy Android tablet.
    I want iOS on iPad.

14. Calidude thread starter macrumors 68000

Calidude

Pretty sure that desktop elements will be there.

15. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

This...

16. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I find it interesting if someone doesn't care for the Android experience, and chooses to buy an iPad instead... they are considered an ignorant and blind fan boy. Why can't people just have their own preferences without it being labeled in a derogatory fashion? The two systems are different. One is not necessarily better than another, but one may be preferred over another for a variety of reasons by each user.

17. Calidude, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011

Calidude thread starter macrumors 68000

Calidude

To be fair, you're being a bit of an uninformed baby, because not even Android ships with Flash by default. It is installed just like any other app. It is completely voluntary thing to have.

Besides, I'm not even saying I want Honeycomb on an iPad, I'm saying that the iPad iOS5 will adopt some elements that Honeycomb has.

18. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

Why is it that if someone likes and actually prefers an apple product, they are labeled a fanboy but if you prefer one of the Android flavours, you are not? I actually love the advertised web OS tablet, I also love iOS. I don't particularly care for Android.

19. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I closed my eyes and spilled my ****ing drink. Thanks for that.

20. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

OK ... I closed my eyes and didn't see it :cool:

21. Calidude thread starter macrumors 68000

Calidude

I'll just speak the truth right now.

Apple beats Google when it comes to phones, but Google is headed in a better direction than Apple did with its first tablet.

The ELEMENTS and CONCEPTS of Android 3.0 is more of what people should expect from a tablet OS, regardless of how buggy or unpolished it is. Google can fix the bugs and tweak the design, but Apple can't expect to remain viable with an OS that is meant to be on a phone rather than a 10 inch screen.

22. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Not everyone shares your opinion as "truth" or wants the same things you do
    Perhaps you should say what "you" expect and not speak for everyone else

23. patp Guest

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Apple is delivering a better tablet at an even better price. The competition cannot offer anything remotely similar in the same quality and ease of use. They are leveraging the larger production to maximize costs.

I would even suspect that Apple could be making a thinner margin in order to lead in the pricing. None of the Android tablets out now can match the ease of use and price.

24. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

What people expect from a tablet is set by the iPad.. I don't know what you are talking about how google is more like what people expect. People didn't expect anything until Apple made the iPad and then created all the current expectations which includes copycat Android devices.

25. Calidude thread starter macrumors 68000

Calidude

There is such a thing as absolutes, and a 10 inch screen simply can't have the same structure and design as a 3.5 inch screen while keeping the same efficiency for the end user.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.