• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

035013-geekycoasters_1-1.jpg

Techeblog points out a coaster set designed from the iPhone's home screen icons. Technabob describes that the set was designed by Meninos design:
Created by the guys over at Brazil’s Meninos design (the same guys who make these awesome hard drives), these icon coasters are a great gift for any iPhone addict. All your favorite applications are there, from Maps to Calculator, from iPod to Settings. Ah, Settings.
Each coaster is 85mm square and made of MDF plywood and wrapped with a premium vinyl decal and durable varnish.

The coasters are available for $60 at the Menios store.

Article Link: Coaster Set of 16 iPhone Icons

Rybold

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2008
California, USA

This would be a totally cool Christmas gift for someone you know that loves their iPhone. :) :D

you would really have to be an apple fanboy to buy these things lol

For $60, I agree with you. But if they were $14.99, I could see a lot more people buying them just for fun. :)

Comment

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
They're so expensive! Especially with the $ to £ exchange rate at the moment! But I want them! They would be a fantastic edition to my first house, when I get the chance to buy it... :cool:

Comment

upekkharich

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2008
lil' rock, arkansas
vinyl decal + MDF?

manufacturing process leaves much to be desired
evidently much of the stuff from them is ink-jet on vinyl
but for a coaster, not such a good idea
scratches and water-damage can't be far down the road

should be screen-printed on ceramic tile
manufacturers price point would take a longer production run, but a quality product speaks for itself

Comment

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
Hello. My name is iSee and I am a...

OMG OMG OMG!!!!

I WANT!!!

GIMME!!

Teh awesome!!
^^^ My reaction, exactly

There are times in your life, when something happens and you really learn something about yourself by the way you react...

Dang. I didn't know it until now. But... I'm a fanboi.

Comment

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
Do hi-res versions of these icons exist if one wanted to go the DIY approach?

The icons look like they started life as vector art, so it shouldn't be difficult... ?

Comment

lord patton

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
Chicago
^^^ My reaction, exactly

There are times in your life, when something happens and you really learn something about yourself by the way you react...

wisdom and hilarity, all rolled into one package. Fabulous!

Comment

batmccoy

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2005
Nice...but

Yup...would be nice...but $60? OMG. $24.95 much more realistic. I think $39.95 is the probable ceiling for this product.

Comment

chr1s60

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
California
I personally wouldn't want these for myself, but they are a good gift for an iPhone owner that maybe just moved to a new house or something. It also makes a good gag gift for some of those people who are a little too obsessed with their iPhone. They do look pretty nice.

Comment

tgildred

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2007
^^^ My reaction, exactly

ditto.... :apple:

I immediately thought, screw using these as coasters, they would look great on my wall! Sad, sad, sad little man, I am.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.