Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JeDiBoYTJ

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2004
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
pepsi has a much sweeter taste than Pepsi, so there is a taste difference to me.

Also, if you place a Coke and a Pepsi 20oz in front of me, I will grab the Pepsi, and knock over the Coke.

so Pepsi > Coke

Apple Hobo

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2004
A series of tubes
How about Turkey and Gravy flavored soda? Yummy!
puke2.gif

Attachments

• turkeygravy_sodas.jpg
    turkeygravy_sodas.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 104

_bnkr612

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2004
The best ingredient of both...

If you take out the carmel color, carbon and all those other nasty ingredients you are left with...

...H20, The best liquid to drink. That and 100% Juice.

comictimes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Berkeley, California
Blue Velvet said:
I'm going through an intense smoothies phase.

There's a brand here in the UK called Innocent.

Absolutely no concentrate, preservatives, colours etc. just grape juice or bananas used as 'binder'

Seriously nice, but a bit expensive...
I'm all for actual smoothies. frozen strawberries, banannas, blueberries, with some milk... mmm...

Anyways, that study seems kind of odd to me, because I know several people who are seriously addicted to pepsi, and only a couple of people who prefer coke to pepsi...

Oh god... turkey and gravy flavored soda?! excuse me while I go throw up...

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
If you were to look at the raw numbers for total sales... US (and by far in worldwide) you'd see that Pepsi and Coke aren't competitors... or at least, not in the sense where Coke sees them as one (much like MS and Apple).

Coke's biggest (and only according to them) competitor is tap water.

Even if Pepsi, or any other soda out there tasted better then Coke... at this point they'd still lose due to the shear market and name recognition that Coke has. Again, much like MS and Apple.

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
Blue Velvet said:
Apparently...

Story here:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,1271320,00.html

BTW: This is not a Coke v. Pepsi discussion but is about some research into perception, brain patterns & brands...

Myself: going through a weird V8 (vege juice) phase...

Hope I'm not pregnant... :eek:

as a 16 year old let me reassure you that V8 rules.

and btw i dont drink coke or pepsi.

codycartoon said:
But this goes farther than just Coke and Pepsi...

Sony and Apple

you already have a feeling associated with each company in your head, before you even look at the product.

-cody

blasphemy

the only good things sony came up with:

original walkman
the digital camcorders are decent

THATS IT

VIAO's suck

there HD mp3 or atrak (whatever) players are plain fugly.

sony and apple could not be more different.

aloofman

macrumors 68020
Dec 17, 2002
Socal
yellow said:
You know, I think another thing that should be taken into account is one's proximity to bottling plants, and what one becomes used to drinking. On my last foray to the UK, Coke tasted just plain WEIRD. As in, NOT RIGHT. But in the town I live in, we have both a Coke and Pepsi bottling facility. So my softdrinks are always "fresh", so I might be spoiled.

I think that Coca-Cola changes its formula for different parts of the world to account for regional tastes. I took a trip to the Persian Gulf region a couple years ago and I noticed that the soda was bland. Not just Coke, but Pepsi and Sprite also. It was less sweet and not as fizzy, like the poorly mixed soda fountain at a fast-food place. It was like they'd taken a lot of the "soda" out of it. I never understood why this would be, since Arabs enjoy sweets as much as anyone else. I told one of the locals that the cola in the U.S. was much stronger and he was mock-outraged that they were watering his down. :p

Since we're on the subject: anyone know why soda fountains can't get their mixtures right? When was the last time you got soda from a fountain that tasted as good as right from a plastic bottle? Are the restaurants just screwing us? Because it can't be that hard to calibrate these machines.

aloofman

macrumors 68020
Dec 17, 2002
Socal
Chaszmyr said:
If I recall correctly, I think Pepsi sells better in the US, but Coke sells a lot better world-wide.

The main difference is in soda fountain sales. Pepsi and Coke sell in similar amounts when you tally up the cans and bottles. But Coke makes a lot more in fountain sales. Most fast-food chains and bigger restaurants have Coke instead of Pepsi. I'm not sure if that's because of customer preference or Coke just having a better sales force. Does anyone avoid a restaurant chain just because it doesn't have Coke or Pepsi? That seems odd to me.

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
cyks said:
Coke's biggest (and only according to them) competitor is tap water.

I think thats why they started putting tap water in bottles here in the UK and sold that to us as well.

At least coke and pepsi are good for a hangover along with a painkiller of course.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.