Cold enough for you?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Toppa G's, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Toppa G's macrumors 6502

It's a little cold out today...so much so that the water line feeding the townhouses I live in is frozen. No water for us! :eek:

We're at -10 Fahrenheit with a "feels like" temperature of -26.

On a cold day like today, a cup of coffee, tea, or cocoa would sure be nice...too bad there's no water to make it :(

2. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

All I know that it's going to be 15 and 5 degrees for the AFC and NFC championships respectively tomorrow.. and it's gonna be awesome!

3. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

Nope not cold enough for me. It's 8F here in Indy but feels like -12F. I'm getting ready to go on a 7 mile run :D

4. Toppa G's thread starter macrumors 6502

My folks are going to the NFC championship game in Green Bay...but they'll be in a luxury box so won't have to brave the cold. My uncle, however, will be freezing in the stands. :D

5. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Agh, yeah, it's been awful here all week. And to top it off, I'm next to the lake, so I get the lovely wind, AND I have a really bad cold. :(:mad:

6. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

I just finished spending 4 years in Michigan. Winters were not my favorite...

Do you have snow outside? You can always melt some for water.

7. Toppa G's thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't think we're quite to this point yet :D Evidently, water should be flowing within the next couple hours. We don't really have any powdery snow left - the wind has blown most of it away.

8. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

Here in central Ohio, it's suppose to get down to 5 degrees tonight for the low with very bad wind chills :(

9. Crawn2003 macrumors 6502

Yeah, here in Dayton it's supposed to be between 0 and -7 with wind chill being anywhere between -10 and -20!

Mentioning Minnesota, I had a job offer up there once. Someone had passed along a resume of mine to a commercial photo studio at a major corporation (can't remember now) and someone called me about it.

They called and I answered the phone and talked with them about the position, where it's at, etc. So when they were done pitching the idea to me, they said "So, how does Minnesota sound?"

I could only think of one word... So I answered with just that... "Cold."

I didn't get the job (not that I wanted it) and never heard back from them again, even for freelance work... :rolleyes:

~Crawn

10. eric55lv Guest

eric55lv

Well its not cold enough here in Las Vegas so far the coldest was like 31degrees

11. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

That sounds warm to me right now :cool: its 18 in Ohio right now, well at least I don't live in northern most part of the US.

12. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

13. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

Yeah, the wind chill is at -24 F in Minneapolis right now according to wcco.com. It's going to make for a very interesting Giants/Packers game this weekend :),

14. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Not nearly cold enough.

Attached Files:

15. Jschultz macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

Yeah, always this time of the year where I want to leave Chicagoland and move to Pasadena, San Bernadino, or somewhere like that! :D

16. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

I love living in Pasadena, but I have had a serious unexpected side affect. I've turned into a huge wuss when it comes to what I feel is cold now. I used to wear shorts when it was 50 out because I thought it was warm, especially after a cold winter. But now that I've lived here for 8 months, I get cold at 68! Frustrating...

I think part of the problem was, when I moved here I got rid of a lot of my warmer clothes expecting it to stay pretty warm all winter. I didn't realize that it would actually get chilly, and since I walk to work early in the morning and walk home after the sun goes down in the winter, I don't have warm enough clothes so I end up getting pretty cold.

17. Jschultz macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

Ah, I will gladly take in the ways of the wuss! My grandparents are the same way though. They moved from Chicago to Phoenix, and they turn on the heat @ 60 degrees now!

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

It's just reached 3 degrees here in the city, and I love it. I'm going out later to do some shopping in what will probably be very empty stores. Really cold days are great for shopping. :)

19. Toppa G's thread starter macrumors 6502

The water is back on again...certainly isn't any warmer outside though! -7 now feels like -25. Hopefully the water problem doesn't revisit us again as temperatures drop even more overnight. :eek:

20. Lixivial macrumors 6502a

Lixivial

Yeah, Minnesota's weather is absolutely ridiculous sometimes, but at least we don't live in Siberia.

I was topping off my gas tank yesterday, and in the small period of time it took to press the credit card buttons and place the nozzle into the car, I nearly completely froze my hand off. Cold is fine, but cold like this is completely unnecessary and I find it rude of Mother Nature for acting in such a way. It's good to hear the water is back on -- now you can throw some in the air and watch it instantly freeze!

21. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

it's 80 degrees in sunny south florida. feels like summer. but it's just the dry season. i'm going to have to turn on a/c soon.

it got to near freezing for a couple of nights here, but that's it.

22. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

You should move to the UK. The country comes to a stop when the temp. drops below 32f or 0c as we say over here. at the moment it a lovely 52f at 8:10pm.

23. Frisco macrumors 68020

I love the cold weather. I should move to Minnesota or Wisconsin. Besides the weather how do you guys like your states?

24. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

The weather is fine here. We are still above 0, and my pipes haven't frozen yet, so I 'm doing ok. :D

25. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Well here in Columbus... ;)

I hate cold weather :(. I just checked the weather yesterday for Miami, FL... man would it be nice to be down there :dreams:

Edit: iDAG, what part of Hilliard do you live in? I live in Grandview and frequent your Aldi store :D