Collections in iBooks = Good

Discussion in 'iPad' started by poloponies, Dec 15, 2010.

1. poloponies macrumors 68030

I'm diggin' the Collections feature and heartily recommend an iBooks update to all.

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

3. poloponies thread starter macrumors 68030

Mostly work, so I can't (at least not without redacting) But it's nice to be able to categorize docs now.

4. gr8tfly, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2010

gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I just finished creating a couple of collections myself. Seems to work fine - very easy. I also like the way you select and move books in the icon view. They've combined the select with select and move, whereas before you could move the book without it indicating it was selected.

Another nice touch is that search is now available in the icon view (drag shelf down - same as on iPhone/iPad).

Now, for wish list: nested collections (unless I missed something).

5. BrennerM macrumors regular

This is a great update. The only part I feel could be improved is detecting left/right swiping to move between collections. For me, half the time I don't do it quite right. If the swipe isn't straight right-left it thinks you are just moving up/down. Would be nice if you could swipe the title bar left/right to switch collections, since the title bar does not move up and down. Hopefully I will get used to it over time.

6. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Moving through your collections by swiping left/right is a nice touch.

7. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

I agree, Collections in iBooks is a great upgrade. now I can keep a shelf of all my completed books without having to keep a spreadsheet :p

8. david77 macrumors regular

9. kenmarable macrumors member

I had the same problem, but hope my fingers will train to be more precise as we go.

And in a typical sense of entitlement, I was really happy with the new collections for about 5 minutes, and then started wanting to put items in more than one collection - more like tags than folders. Ah well, I still really prefer collections to the original massive bookshelf.

10. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Agree

Nice having PDF files and books separated

Def a great feature added