Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shotgun OS

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2006
Ohio
I'm attending John Carroll University this fall as a freshmen. I was also accepted at Baldwin Wallace, Ohio State, and Bowling Green, but I'm poor and JCU gave me a full scholarship. I waited til the day before to submit my applications before last Thanksgiving; glad to see some people are getting on top of it.

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2007
Washington D.C. Area
Not applying yet, but as an incoming junior I'm starting to look this summer. Ugh... I'm not looking forward to this year at all. But anyways, I'm interested in architecture (although not set on it) and I'll be looking at a bunch of schools in a week or so when I go to drop my sister off at school in Connecticut. So here are some schools that I might end up looking at in the New Englandish area:
-Boston College
-MIT
-Yale
-Brown
-Rhode Island School of Design
-Columbia
-Cooper Union

Signal-11

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2008
2nd Star to the Right
Are you paying for college? I mean those schools will rape you tuition wise and so not worth it

Seriously, my advice is to get your undergrad at your state school and then do you grad work at a big name school

why pay more for undergrad when you dont need to? it rarely is worth it imo and I would ONLY considier it for grad options

I think people vastly overestimate the cost of the above listed schools. If you apply and are accepted, the bottom line needs are almost always met by the school. There's plenty of sites that can help people who want to get the most out of their financial aid package and it's worth looking into.

Be it fair or not, but the name brand of the school, it's perceived value and reputation do count. I've caught myself doing this, where I give graduates from certain schools a second glance when based on the strength of their CV, I normally wouldn't given them a first.

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Jun 28, 2007
Maine
applying EDI to Bates, then if I don't get in Connecticut College EDII, and also union (ny), maybe a few others.

Hope bates works out

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
Not applying to college per se, but masters in accounting programs. I'm applying at the following schools (not necessarily in order of preference):

London School of Economics
University of Texas - Austin
USC
Boston College
William and Mary
University of Virginia
University of Georgia
Ohio State University
University of Notre Dame
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo

I've got my GMAT coming up and have been working on essays and resume. I'm looking to eliminate maybe two schools since apps are pretty expensive, but I've been having trouble.

*cough cough*

That's a good one ;)

I'm a senior at USC majoring in business with an individualized concentration in business law/finance/entrepreneurship. Individualized means instead of concentrating in one area of the business school (above the regular requirements, that is) I'm free to just take whatever classes interest me. I'm having a great time and it's a fantastic university. If you want to apply somewhere on the west coast you should definitely look into it. We are need-blind like some of the other schools you have on your list and provide amazingly ridiculous tuition discounts for national merit scholars and the like.

rhs, I'm going to send you a PM soon, I hope everything's going well with accounting.

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
well back in 2008 i had a 3.999 GPA

i applied to

UC Berkeley (failed) avg GPA 4.2
UCLA (failed) avg GPA 4.1
USC (wait listed) avg GPA 4.0
UC Riverside (in) avg GPA 3.5
UC Irvine (In) avg GPA 4.0
LMU (wait listed) avg GPA 3.8
Pepperdine University (failed) avg GPA 3.8
Cal State Long beach (in) avg GPA 3.3
Cal State Dominguez Hills (in) avg GPA 2.5
and many other CSU'S! (ALL ARE IN) idk

i ended up in Orange County in UC irvine. :D

buffalo

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2005
Tacoma, WA
I'm a freshman at the United States Air Force Academy.

I also applied to:

Naval Academy
University Texas at Austin
The Ohio State University
Texas A&M
University of Utah

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.