Color ipod touches and camera for January 27th????

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by leomac08, Jan 18, 2010.

?

What do you think is highly likely to happen at the Jan 27th event?

1. New ipod touch with camera

18 vote(s)
    20.7%
  2. Multi-Colored ipod touches

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  3. NONE of the above

44 vote(s)
    50.6%
  4. other (such as memory, RAM, performance, new apps for the touch, apple tablet)

24 vote(s)
    27.6%
  1. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

The title of the January 27th Media Event by Apple is "Come see our latest creation"

Is it possible that Apple may have created a NEW ipod touch with camera?
    Is it possible that Apple may add multi-color ipod touches in several colors?
    Is it possible that Apple may not even show none of this? and the whole show is for the main introduction of the rumored "apple tablet"?:confused:

For sure Apple is going to introduce something "new" but the question is what? :p

Will the ipod touch see any changes for the media event? (i.e color, camera, memory, RAM, performance, new apps)

Personally i really think the camera idea is very doubtful.

Colors may be likely, still very unlikely. (I got this idea from the paint and the apple sign that apple created in their invitations. last time i saw paint in an apple ad, was the ipod nano's being introduced in MANY COLORS!)

I have created a POLL too....so vote!!!!! i wanna see statistics. :)

2. leomac08 thread starter macrumors 68020

leomac08

How about updates to software? but not hardware.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Yep, all possible.

Lies.

4. leomac08 thread starter macrumors 68020

leomac08

that's why i want to hear your personal opinion...:D:D:D

5. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

I do not think there will be anything new for the Touch due to sales still doing well. I think we aren't getting the iPod Touch with camera till next September. Another side of me, is thinking we may never get a camera now. If Apple & Verizon spit out an iPhone in June - there is an even lesser chance of Apple putting in a camera. It is all about sales for them.

I can explain more if anyone doesn't get my gist.

6. doubleohseven macrumors 6502a

doubleohseven

By Apple referring to their new 'creation', I'm guessing it's the Mac Tablet that has been rumoured for a while. It's probably going to be pretty revolutionary from the sounds of it.

7. na1577 macrumors 6502a

Though I initially believed that the camera-equipped touch would be introduced at this event, I'm having doubts now that we've seen the invitation. If there is a new touch, it will be released silently.

8. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

9. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Both the touch and the iphone design are getting dated. I expect a fresh case (body) design for both, with perhaps an OLED screen. For those who don't think they are bright enough outside, don't be surprised if LG showed Apple how to put a membrane backlight behind for when it's needed. The iLet will lead the way with a similar body.

As for the colorful invite, it makes me think there will be a great painter's app on board and the touchscreen will be pressure sensitive.

10. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I count eight colors in the invitation, all of which pertain to existing iPod Nano colors. The border of the invitation is shaped lie a tablet. Latest creation? They aren't creating anything by adding a camera to a Touch, they aren't creating anything by painting existing hardware.

Tablet

11. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

An iPod touch is not their latest creation.

I find this to be highly unlikely.

12. Bonsai1214 macrumors 6502a

no one cares about colors for ipod touches. most people would buy a new ipod touch with a camera though, regardless of whether they already have one or not. at least that's what i've been holding off for.

13. leomac08 thread starter macrumors 68020

leomac08

Nice observation!!!!!! :D that backs up my theory.

I do care.......heck.....if they started selling color ipod touches.....i would go with yellow :p

14. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Me too. Imagining the future is fun though. Much of what we know as true today was first imagined by science fiction writers.

iPod Touch in 8 or more colors is the logical next step. The Zune HD comes in a variety of colors. Apple has already learned they can expand the market for a Shuffle or Nano by simply making it available in fashionable colors.

15. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

Don't get your hopes up. The traditional product cycle for iPod hardware updates is September. And I haven't seen any news or rumors to suggest this year will be any different. The most you can hope for would be a capacity bump on the high end for the touch, but even that's fairly unlikely.

And four months is way too soon to be updating the hardware on the iPod line.

16. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

17. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Based on past releases, August/September

18. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Could you please post some evidence supporting this statement or edit your post to start with "In my opinion".

19. bshakil macrumors newbie

i think they will release iphoneOS 4.0 ... hope they bring update to ipod touch 2g

20. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

I am his evidence. There are plenty of others like me who put off updating their 2G Touch when the 3G came out without a camera and would pick one up in a flash if a camera was added.

21. colocolo macrumors 6502

@Plutonius: does it really make a difference if he starts with "In my opinion"? This thread is about speculation, after all. Most everyone speaks that way, and I can't fathom why could that get you worked up. In my opinion, don't worry too much about it ;)

@tadad1: you are most people? :eek: Time to go see a shrink for some serious multiple personality disorder treatment

22. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

My guess is the most we will see is a software update.

iPods are traditionally updated for the fall. I don't see that changing.

23. thesmall macrumors member

thats a great news.. when do apple stop.. they keep on moving forwad.. and i like there approach that i why they are the best in market.. can wait to hold one of these things in my hand.. itsgoing to b awsome...

24. Black Belt macrumors 6502a

Black Belt

I know what all those colors are for. Steve is re-releasing...

MacPaint :eek: