************.com banner from googlesyndication.com

arogge

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 15, 2002
Tatooine
I've been noticing this spamvertized site popping up elsewhere, but why is it on MR? I'd like a free Mac Mini, so I clicked on the link. Does this click-through send money to MR?

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
(ad edited out)

Yeah, these ads are provided through the ad network. We don't directly choose the ads.

arn

maxterpiece

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2003
arn said:
(ad edited out)

Yeah, these ads are provided through the ad network. We don't directly choose the ads.

arn
Do you make commision on a "per click" basis or do people have to actually sign up for the offer?

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
maxterpiece said:
Do you make commision on a "per click" basis or do people have to actually sign up for the offer?
We make money based on interested consumers seeing ads they are interested in. :)

And we could get very penalized for good-intentioned users trying to "help" the site. So, behave as you normally would...

arn

arogge

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 15, 2002
Tatooine
I tried to register with this site, but all I got was another login window. The site claims that my e-mail address is registered, but it won't take my address and password. I tried to get it to send my password to the registered e-mail address, but I haven't received it. Maybe it's because I didn't click the checkboxes for "I would like to receive promotional emails from third-parties" and "I would like to receive promotional emails from Gratis Internet." It looks like user 14148107 won't be adding a new "downline" member. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.